Ext JS Data-driven Application Design
|Also available on:|
- Discover how to layout the application structure with MVC and Sencha Cmd
- Learn to use Ext Direct during the application build process
- Understand how to set up the history support in the browser
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 162 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1782165444
ISBN 13 : 9781782165446
Author(s) : Kazuhiro Kotsutsumi
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Data Structure
Chapter 2: Planning Application Design
Chapter 3: Data Input
Chapter 4: List and Search
Chapter 5: Reporting
Chapter 6: Data Management
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand an existing virtual company’s data structure, and make SQL and tables in MySQL
- Develop the environment of the project while introducing Sencha Cmd and using Ext.util.History at the same time
- Create a form to input data and transmit the data to a server via Ext Direct
- Discover how to display data and create data searches
- Implement a report that displays four different types of graph on the dashboard
- Implement the data import/export process to restore or backup the data
This book will enable you to build databases using information from an existing database with Ext JS. It covers the MVC application architecture that enables development teams to work independently on one project. Additionally, the book teaches advanced charting capability, enabling developers to create state-of-the-art charts just once. These charts are compatible with major browsers without the need to rely on plugins.
This hands-on, practical guide will take you through the mechanics of building an application. In this instance, we will use this application to manage existing data structures in the form of a database.
You will begin by making SQL and tables in MySQL and will then move on to developing the project environment and introducing Sencha Cmd. You will learn to create a form to input data and monitor the state of the input, while seeing how Ext Direct will validate the form on the server side.
Finally, you will have a working application that is ready for you to customize to suit your needs. You can also use it as a template for any future projects when you need a similar database.
An in-depth tutorial that teaches you the basics of data-driven applications, and how to design and implement them using Ext JS.
Who this book is for