In this article by B. Diane Blackwood, author of the book Instant QlikView 11 Application Development, we will create more sheet objects, starting with a new list box to begin analyzing our loaded data. We can add dimensions for analysis. We can format our data and other enhancements by right-clicking on our sheet or our sheet objects that were created by the wizard. For example, with this data, we can add a box for the Company dimension data and format the data to have dollar signs and commas.Read Creating sheet objects and starting new list using Qlikview 11 in full
In this article by Andrés Del Río Benito and Howard S. Edidin, the authors of Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.1, we will:
- Learn how to publish endpoints into UDDI from the ESB Management Portal
- Learn the ESB Portal Audit Log
- Explore the different parameterizations that we can do on the portal
This article is by Jonas Andersson and Mike Pfeiffer, the authors of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 PowerShell Cookbook: Second Edition.
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- Determining the average mailbox size per database
- Restoring data from a recovery database
In this article by Stefan Kohler, author of Atlassian Confluence 5 Essentials, we will cover the topics of themes – how to configure them, the look and feel of Confluence – how to customize it, and we will talk about logos that we will use in Confluence.Read Themes, the look and feel, and logos in full
In this article by Damian Sinay, the author of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting, we will see how to work with reports in Dynamics CRM 2011. Reporting is a very important piece of any system that is heavily used by managers or upper management roles, such as the CEO and COO, of any enterprise. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting is a practical and excellent reference guide that provides you with a number of different options you can use to create and empower the reporting capabilities of Dynamics CRM. This will give you a good grounding for using the reports in your Dynamics CRM 2011 implementations.
We will see the different CRM report types and their settings:
- CRM report types
- CRM report settings
- SQL Reporting Services versions
- Installation and configuration of Reporting Services Extension
In this article by Patrick Li, author of JIRA 5.2 Essentials , we will take a look at two add-ons that can transform your JIRA to be more than just a simple issue-tracking system. By the end of the article, you will have learned how to:
- Run agile projects in JIRA with GreenHopper
- Collect feedback from visitors directly on your website with Issue Collector
Forms enable the display of the entity data to the users. Here in this article by Dipankar Bhattacharya, author of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Cookbook, we will delve into the recipes for creating and customizing entity form. Forms are the most commonly used platform to display data inside the Dynamics CRM system. Hence, forms should be carefully designed and implemented.
So, in this article by Dipankar Bhattacharya author of Instant Parallel Processing with Gearman, we will discuss the following recipes:
- Creating and customizing an entity main form
- Controlling form behavior using JScript
- Customizing the process-driven form (Dynamics CRM 2011 Online only)
- Creating and customizing the mobile form
- Configuring a form to be role-based
- Creating and customizing a public view
- Customizing search criteria for a Quick Find view
- Creating a user's personal view
- Deactivating or deleting a user's personal view
This article by Jayaram Krishnaswamy the author of Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, provides a summarized overview of SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 and the background information needed to work with the rest of the article. Most of the information is taken from Microsoft documentation.
In this article, we will have a look at the following topics:
- Structural design of environment and architecture of Native mode and SharePoint Integrated mode of Reporting Services
- Reporting Services configuration
- Features of Reporting Services 2012
Previously, the following elements were installed and/or configured:
- SQL Server 2012
- Reporting Services 2012 configured in Native mode
- SQL Server with Reporting Services installed in SharePoint Integrated mode
- SharePoint Services 2010
- Creating a Reporting Services service in SharePoint
Each of the mentioned elements has its own individual architecture, topology of deployment, and features. It is important to see how users interact with them in doing the tasks assigned to them while working with Reporting Services as a whole. In order to interact with, author reports and manage them, tools are available and a good understanding of the tools and what support they provide is crucial in carrying out the tasks. The individual elements as well as the tools used in carrying out various tasks are described in the rest of the article.Read Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 Architecture, Features, and Tools in full
This article created by Joe Dissmeyer, the author of SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor, discusses using Orion NPM to actually monitor the performance of your network.
This article covers monitoring basics, customizing views, network device monitoring (such as routers and switches).
By the end of this article, you will have learned the following:
- Monitoring basics
- Customizing views
- Managing and adding views
- Editing monitoring resources
- Router monitoring
- Wireless monitoring
- Wireless Controllers and Access Points
In this article by Cuneyt Yilmaz, the author of Oracle Business Intelligence 11g R1 Cookbook , we're going to cover KPIs and KPI watchlists. KPIs are widely used in OBIEE 11 g and you can easily publish these KPIs in the dashboards by creating KPI watchlists.
Publishing the analytical reports in the dashboards will not satisfy the business requirements always. Business users will be interested in some reports so that they can compare their values. You also need to display the reports that will enable users to focus on only the most critical business entities. Sometimes this can be achieved by using the conditional formatting feature. But the defined threshold values are going to be static values. As time passes, you'll need to reset these values, so it has a maintenance cost. To solve these business challenges, you can use Key Performance Indicators (KPI). They can be used to measure the productivity of an organization relative to its objectives.Read Measuring Performance with Key Performance Indicators in full