eLearning with Camtasia Studio
|Also available on:|
- Create planning and design documents to build an efficient eLearning development framework
- Learn the key factors needed to deliver your videos and quizzes standalone or within a learning management system
- Use the included instructions and sample project to create your own high-quality finished eLearning videos
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 186 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 184969866X
ISBN 13 : 9781849698665
Author(s) : David B. Demyan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a project plan that outlines all of the items needed to create an effective eLearning video
- Produce a storyboard and audio script defining the content of your video
- Record video footage from the computer screen or other sources
- Enhance the video with edits for timing, special effects, and audio
- Add an effective quiz to measure users’ understanding of the video content
- Deliver the finished video, either standalone or as part of a learning management system
- Get started using the planning tools outlined in the book
With the advent of powerful Internet streaming technologies and growing adoption of eLearning as a medium for learning, Camtasia Studio is an important tool to know. The latest release allows you to use stunning visual effects and crisp audio that checks off many of your eLearning goals. Camtasia is proving effective as a tool to demonstrate tasks and concepts visually. However, producers want to avoid the casual look of how-to videos typically posted on public video streaming websites. Nevertheless, Camtasia Studio delivers a high level of professional quality, enhancing the effectiveness of eLearning videos and the prestige of the video author.
With this book, experts and new users alike will be lead through a series of detailed tips and tutorials to design, record, edit, enhance, and deliver a stunning eLearning video that will work standalone or within a learning management system. Moreover, seasoned instructional designers will benefit from the book's unique approach to design compelling videos by using the included samples and templates for project plans, scripts, and storyboards. Gradually working through the step-by-step exercises and sample Camtasia project files, you will quickly become an expert in using the tool by acquiring detailed knowledge of the many advanced features. By following through the examples, exercises, and screenshots in this book, you will gain thorough knowledge of creating and deploying your own video eLearning project in no time.
This book’s unique blend of background information and instructional steps is wrapped in friendly, real-world language that makes learning about this subject fun and easy. The included templates and samples help you follow along in creating your own eLearning videos. Plenty of images taken from the Camtasia Studio interface show the results you can expect from your work.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for everyone who wants to educate using video learning techniques. Whether you are a teacher or a designer or corporate learning staff intending to deliver knowledge through videos, the exercises will benefit you by teaching you the indispensable skills to produce and deliver effective educational content. Regardless of you being new to eLearning or a seasoned expert, you will be able to grasp both the basic and advanced features of Camtasia Studio to create effective, attractive, and professional eLearning videos. Consequently, you will gain an understanding of the unique medium of video and the role it plays in teaching. No previous knowledge of Camtasia Studio or video production is required.