|Also available on:|
- Write native plugins to extend the capabilities of ElasticSearch to boost your business
- Integrate the power of ElasticSearch in your Java applications using the native API or Python applications, with the ElasticSearch community client
- Step-by step-instructions to help you easily understand ElasticSearch’s capabilities, that act as a good reference for everyday activities
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 422 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1782166629
ISBN 13 : 9781782166627
Author(s) : Alberto Paro
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Cookbooks, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Downloading and Setting Up ElasticSearch
Chapter 3: Managing Mapping
Chapter 4: Standard Operations
Chapter 5: Search, Queries, and Filters
Chapter 6: Facets
Chapter 7: Scripting
Chapter 8: Rivers
Chapter 9: Cluster and Nodes Monitoring
Chapter 10: Java Integration
Chapter 11: Python Integration
Chapter 12: Plugin Development
A useful book for those who want to know how to do a concrete task - for developers as well for sysops - Jiri Jetmar
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 08 May 2014
Errata type: Code Pg No: 152
It is: "include_in_lower" and "include_in_upper"
It should be: include_lower and "include_upper"
What you will learn from this book
- Choose the best ElasticSearch cloud topology to deploy and power it up with external plugins
- Control the index steps with tailored mappings
- Manage indices and documents and build a complex query against them
- Execute facets to compute analytics against your data to improve searches and results
- Use scripting to bypass limits of search, facets, and updates
- Synchronize and populate data from different data sources, by managing rivers (SQL, NoSQL, web)
- Monitor the cluster and node performances, and execute common tasks via web interfaces
- Integrate ElasticSearch in Python and Java applications
- Extend the capabilities of ElasticSearch by writing your own plugin to add REST calls, rivers, and custom cluster actions
ElasticSearch is one of the most promising NoSQL technologies available and is built to provide a scalable search solution with built-in support for near real-time search and multi-tenancy.
This practical guide is a complete reference for using ElasticSearch and covers 360 degrees of the ElasticSearch ecosystem. We will get started by showing you how to choose the correct transport layer, communicate with the server, and create custom internal actions for boosting tailored needs.
Starting with the basics of the ElasticSearch architecture and how to efficiently index, search, and execute analytics on it, you will learn how to extend ElasticSearch by scripting and monitoring its behaviour.
Step-by-step, this book will help you to improve your ability to manage data in indexing with more tailored mappings, along with searching and executing analytics with facets. The topics explored in the book also cover how to integrate ElasticSearch with Python and Java applications.
This comprehensive guide will allow you to master storing, searching, and analyzing data with ElasticSearch.
Written in an engaging, easy-to-follow style, the recipes will help you to extend the capabilities of ElasticSearch to manage your data effectively.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer who implements ElasticSearch in your web applications, manage data, or have decided to start using ElasticSearch, this book is ideal for you. This book assumes that you’ve got working knowledge of JSON and Java.