Instant Effective Caching with Ehcache [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Setup Ehcache and understand its configuration
- Use Ehcache with popular Java frameworks
- Monitor an Ehcache-based application using open source software
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 86 pages
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 1782160388
ISBN 13 : 9781782160380
Author(s) : Daniel Wind
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Other, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Effective Caching with Ehcache
Appendix A: Core Concepts
- Instant Effective Caching with Ehcache
- Configuration patterns (Simple)
- Handling events and exceptions (Intermediate)
- Spring Cache Abstraction (Intermediate)
- Caching web fragments (Intermediate)
- Hibernate second-level caching (Intermediate)
- The Ehcache Search API (Advanced)
- The custom eviction algorithm (Advanced)
- Out-of-process distributed caching (Intermediate)
- Ehcache monitoring and logging (Intermediate)
- Ehcache transactional support (Advanced)
- Ehcache and Terracotta Server Array (Advanced)
- Datasource read overloading (Intermediate)
- Appendix A: Core Concepts
- Cache usage patterns
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Implement and configure the Ehcache library
- Manage events and exceptions using the Ehcache Events API
- Integrating Ehcache with Spring and Hibernate
- Distribute Ehcache using Web Services
- Cache local transactions with Ehcache
Ehcache is a standards-based cache that helps you to boost performance while providing many facilities, such as in-memory data management. However, developers can run into issues when implementing Ehcache. Ehcache Effective How-to examines the common scenarios with an objective to help you learn Ehcache, with recipes that focus on smoothly integrating Ehcache into your projects.
"Effective Caching with Ehcache" is a hands-on tutorial on Ehcache, and details the methods to integrate Ehcahe into your Java applications. The book aims to shed light on the mysteries surrounding Ehcache whose answers were confined to a few highly experienced professionals of the developer’s world. The book is filled with examples, and each recipe is assisted by source code, which explains how Ehcache works in a real Java application.
"Effective Caching with Ehcache" begins with a simple recipe that focuses on the scenarios where Ehcache could be used. You are then redirected towards understanding and learning the basic concepts of caching and Ehcache configuration. During the course of the book, you will learn how to improve the performance of an application and its cache. The recipes emphasize extending the capabilities of your caching layer with hands-on discussion on building smart DAOs, and enabling and exploiting the Ehcache statistics. By the end of the book, you will be able to confidently choose the right configuration for your application while implementing Ehcache in a clustered environment.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This is a Packt How-to containing hands-on recipes that discuss integrating Ehcache into your Java application.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Java developers who are looking for an Ehcache integration reference guide and want to get a good background in its fundamental core functionality. It is assumed that you have some experience with Java. Prior knowledge in Ehcache is not a requirement.