DWR Java AJAX Applications
|Also available on:|
- Learn Direct Web Remoting features from scratch and how to apply DWR practically
- Topics such as configuration, testing, and debugging are thoroughly explained through examples
- Demonstrates advanced elements of creating user interfaces and back-end integration
- Contains easy-to-understand explanations, realistic examples, and complete demo applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 228 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2008
ISBN : 1847192939
ISBN 13 : 9781847192936
Author(s) : Sami Salkosuo
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, AJAX, Java, Open Source, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: DWR Features
Chapter 3: Getting Started
Chapter 4: User Interface: Basic Elements
Chapter 5: User Interface: Advanced Elements
Chapter 6: Backend Integration
Chapter 7: Sample Applications
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Will make your development faster and simpler by teaching you the features of DWR and implementing it with Reverse AJAX.
- Specifies practical aspects such as supported browser and environments, configuration, setting up development environment, testing and debugging, error handling, packaging and deployment in a comprehensive manner, by demonstration where required.
- Provides a practical demonstration of creating a dynamic user interface, implementing tables and lists, and field completion for you to derive concepts from.
- Shows advanced elements of user interface through practical examples of creating forms, building a navigation tree, and map scrolling.
- Teaches back-end integration: integrating a database with DWR, integrating with web services, and integrating with a messaging system.
- Includes collaborative book authoring and chatroom applications, which show how easy it would be to enhance your applications to production grade using these samples as a starting point for development and as a source of ideas.
This book will show competent Java programmers how to work with DWR to create powerful AJAX applications. It starts with a tutorial on DWR's main features and functions. Then it covers setting up the development environment. Finally, it concludes with some sample applications.
The later chapters are full of example code for sample applications, to aid comprehension.
This book covers all the theoretical and practical knowledge required for working with DWR. The book is packed with code and graphics with step-by-step explanations.
The initial part guides the reader through the features of DWR and how it works to make the developer ready for practical implementation. The later part contains plenty of code (with explanations) and graphical interface-driven step-by-step examples, which the reader can try out while surfing through the book to learn by doing.
Who this book is for
This book is written for competent Java developers and assumes that you are a professional rather than hobbyist. You should be familiar with the concepts of programming, Web 2.0, and AJAX.