Drupal Web Services
|Also available on:|
- Explore different Web services and how they integrate with the Drupal CMS.
- Reuse the applications without coding them again using the Web services protocols on your Drupal site.
- Configure your Drupal site to consume various web services by using contributed Drupal modules for each specific task or application.
- Drive the content from your Drupal site to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn using effective Drupal Web services
- An easy to follow guide that opens up a method of easily sharing data and content resources between applications and machines that are running different platforms and architecture.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 320 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2010
ISBN : 1849510989
ISBN 13 : 9781849510981
Author(s) : Trevor James
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Content Management (CMS), Drupal, Open Source, Web Services
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: About Drupal Web Services
Chapter 2: Consuming Web Services in Drupal
Chapter 3: Drupal and Flickr
Chapter 4: Drupal and Amazon
Chapter 5: Drupal and Multimedia Web Services
Chapter 6: Drupal Web Services the Easy Way: The Services Module
Chapter 7: Drupal, Spam, and Web Services
Chapter 8: Using XML-RPC
Chapter 9: Twitter and Drupal
Chapter 10: LinkedIn and Drupal
Chapter 11: Facebook and Drupal
Chapter 12: Authentication Services
Appendix: Modules Used in the Book
With clear and thorough explanations, Drupal Web Services would be a solid resource for anyone who wants to connect a Drupal-based site to any web service, including the major social media applications. Michael J. Ross, Web Developer
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Become well versed with Drupal Web services and Web service integration.
- Integrate the Flickr photo sharing app with your Drupal site.
- Integrate Amazon.com content with your Drupal site so you can serve your site users a rich e-commerce based experience.
- Get real time shipping quotes from FedEx and integrate these with your Ubercart powered shopping cart.
- Add video content to your Drupal site using CDN2 and Kaltura.
- Install and configure the Drupal Services module.
- Prevent spam submissions using CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA and Mollom.
- Deploy Google documents content to your Drupal site via XML-RPC.
- Pick any Drupal content and post it to Twitter.
- Integrate Facebook with Drupal using the Drupal for Facebook module.
- Discuss Drupal Web service authentication methods to enhance your site security
Drupal is a rich and dynamic open source content management system that can feed content into its framework from other Web applications including Facebook, Flickr, Google, Twitter, and more, using standard communication protocols called web services. You may be aware that content can be driven to your Drupal site from different web applications, but when you think of experimenting with this, you can get bogged down due to limited knowledge of web services. Imagine how you will feel when you catch sight of a book that covers powerful web services that help you to integrate your Drupal site with different web applications
This book covers efficient Drupal web services that help you to speed up your connections to Web applications. It will compel you to learn more and more about web services and use them to easily share data and content resources between different applications and machines. This book also covers the usage of each web service for different purposes. It provides step-by-step instructions on integrating Web services and Web applications with your Drupal powered Web site.
Drupal Web services will show you how to work with all kinds of Web Services and Drupal. The book shows you how to integrate Amazon.com content into your site; add multimedia and video to your site using video services including CDN2 and Kaltura. You will learn how to prevent spam using CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA and Mollom. You will also learn to explore the different types of Web services Drupal offers and can integrate with using the Services module and XML-RPC. Next you will learn to push content from Google documents, deploying this text and image based content as Drupal nodes.
Next you'll integrate Your site with Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and show how to post content from Drupal to these social networking applications automatically. At the end you will be enlightened with authentication methods for integrating Web services with Drupal.
A practical hands-on guide to integrating Web services with your Drupal Web site. It will start from basic understanding of web services to how your Drupal site can be integrated with web applications using web services.
Who this book is for
If you’re are a Drupal user, webmaster, or an administrator who wants to integrate Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, LinkedIn, Kaltura and Mollom with your Drupal site then this book will be a good addition to your Drupal library.
You do not need to have programming experience to use this book. Drupal Web Services is written for anyone who works with Drupal on a daily basis.