|Also available on:|
- Set up, configure, and deploy a Drupal 7 website
- Easily add exciting and powerful features
- Design and implement your website's look and feel
- Promote, manage, and maintain your live website
- In-depth coverage of Drupal's new core features, including image handling and fields
- Extended media coverage
- Completely new coverage on Views
- Improved and updated coverage on themes and theming
- Over 150 online quiz questions and exercises included
- Revised and updated for Drupal 7 based on comments from thousands of readers
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 416 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1849512868
ISBN 13 : 9781849512862
Author(s) : David Mercer
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Content Management (CMS), Drupal, Open Source, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Drupal
Chapter 2: Basic Functionality
Chapter 3: Configuration and Reports
Chapter 4: Users and Access Control
Chapter 5: Basic Content
Chapter 6: Advanced Content
Chapter 7: Multimedia
Chapter 8: Views
Chapter 9: Drupal Theming
Chapter 10: Advanced Features
Chapter 11: Deployment and Management
Appendix: Leveraging jQuery
The Drupal 7 title is good for Drupal beginners and novices who are just starting out with Drupal but it also has a wealth of information and resources for more intermediate and advanced Drupal users and developers
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 28 May 2013
Errata type: Typo | Page numbers: 33
should be http://localhost/drupal
What you will learn from this book
- Plan and consider various design aspects of your site
- Install, set up, and configure a Drupal development machine
- Find your way around the vast array of Drupal settings with ease
- Add and work with modules to enhance your website's functionality
- Control and manage content
- Master content layout and display with Views and Panels
- Work with any type of media
- Deal with security issues, users, and access control
- Implement a customized interface for your website
- Add powerful new features and learn advanced techniques
- Deploy, manage, and maintain your website
Drupal is an elegantly designed, well-supported and flexible open-source CMS platform that anyone can use in order to create their own website. What's more, the latest version of Drupal 7 includes a tremendous number of new features and new under-the-hood improvements for both users and developers. Drupal is a hugely popular and widely celebrated open-source Content Management System that is day-by-day becoming the first choice of people for a wide range of websites. The White house and the British government, to name but a few, turn to Drupal to fulfill their online requirements.
This book provides the best way to learn and master Drupal 7, enabling you to create virtually any type of website. It meets the booming demand for well presented, clear, concise, and above all practical information on how to design and build sites like a pro.
With such a powerful tool at your fingertips there is no longer any need to pay professionals to design a site when you can do the same job yourself absolutely free. All it takes is a bit of practice!
By clearly and concisely demonstrating the fundamentals of Drupal and combining this with practical and methodical coverage of more advanced subjects, this book paves the way for anyone to quickly become proficient at building and operating professional websites.
150 quiz questions and exercises will help you to consolidate and expand on what you learn in the book. It is an indispensable companion for anyone and everyone interested in building a website.
Experienced technical author David Mercer expertly guides the reader through all the stages of building a professional website in a plain, articulate manner. Aimed in particular at beginners to Drupal, this book will allow you to advance rapidly up the learning curve to the point where they can tackle any problem with confidence.
David Mercer's new book is a comprehensive beginner's guide to installing, configuring, and building a professional Drupal 7 website
The approach of this book has been revised and updated for Drupal 7 based on comments from thousands of readers.
The book takes a pragmatic look at the steps necessary to get a website up and running. Drawing on years of writing experience, David Mercer utilizes a friendly, engaging style that is both clear and concise—perfect for the Drupal newbie.
Who this book is for
This book is for people with little or no experience in website design, people who are not necessarily
familiar with PHP, MySQL or HTML, and above all people with little to no experience in using Drupal.