Drupal 6 Content Administration
|Also available on:|
- Keep your Drupal site up to date: easily edit, add to, and maintain your site's content, even if you've never used Drupal before!
- Covers the full range of content that you might want on your site: richly formatted text, images, videos, as well as blog posts, calendar events, and more
- Get to grips with managing users, slaying spam, and other activities that will help you maintain a content-rich site
- Concise, targeted information with easy-to-follow hands-on examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 196 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2009
ISBN : 1847198562
ISBN 13 : 9781847198563
Author(s) : J. Ayen Green
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Content Management (CMS), Drupal, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Grand Tour
Chapter 2: Content Creation
Chapter 3: Content Seasoning
Chapter 4: Advanced Content Editing
Chapter 5: Making Content Findable
Chapter 6: Rich Content Types
Chapter 7: Supporting an Editorial Team
Chapter 8: Offline Content Creation
Appendix A: Installing Drupal
Appendix B: Where to Find...
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 04 Jul 2012
Errata type: Others | Page number: 68 | Errata date: 14 Oct 09
In tip : "PHP stands for PHP Hypertext Processor," Should be : "PHP stands for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor"
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the various methods of inputting text , the various content creation and editing capabilities that are available to users
- Add elements to your content to spice it up: teasers, links, images, embedded sound, embedded video, PDFs
- Make changes to the article you created, use a PHP snippet to provide content, edit a revised article
- Apply basic Search Engine Optimization by creating a URL and category tags to complement the content
- Create a text block in order to make content available in multiple locations, create a video block to use in the site margin, create a blog entry
- Set up the framework for a creative editorial team having editors with different roles and privileges, working together to keep the site up to date
- Use options for creating and editing content offline and via email and apply each of the methods you learned to send content to the project site
Often a company hires a web designer to build its Drupal site, and then takes over running the site in house. This book is for the Content Editors concerned with the ongoing creation and maintenance of the site content.
In a few hours, you'll have the knowledge needed to maintain and edit your web site as a content-rich place that visitors return to again and again. There are many books available to help you administer a Drupal site, but this is the only one specifically for Content Editors. This book doesn't cover designing or creating a site. However, anybody who has built their own site but needs some help using the article management features will also benefit from it.
This book is a quick-start guide, aimed at Content Editors. The author's experience enables him to explain in an efficient and interactive manner how you can keep your site up to date. The book begins with a discussion of content management and Drupal and then teaches you how to create content, add elements to it, and make the content findable. You will then learn to set up the framework for a creative team and the various options for editing content offline, their benefits and pitfalls.
This book helps you to quickly and easily solve problems, and manage content and users for a web site. It will help you become a more effective and efficient manager of Drupal-based web sites.
This hands-on tutorial will teach the non-technical manager of a Drupal site, how to maintain, edit, and manage its content
This is a fun, informative, hands-on learning guide that uses an actual case study. In an interactive and informal manner, this guide presents purposeful examples that continue to build on each other. Clear, concise instructions and practical examples mean you can learn quickly how to take care of the content in your Drupal site.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for those who run the site day-to-day but didn't set it up, and aren't necessarily that well versed in Drupal or web technologies.
You could be a content editor, proofreader, graphic artist, feature editor, or anyone else concerned with managing content on a Drupal installation.