JBoss Tools 3 Developers Guide
|Also available on:|
- Develop complete JSF, Struts, Seam, Hibernate, jBPM, ESB, web service, and portlet applications using JBoss Tools
- Tools covered in separate chapters so you can dive into the one you want to learn
- Manage JBoss Application Server through JBoss AS Tools
- Explore Hibernate Tools including reverse engineering and code generation techniques
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 408 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2009
ISBN : 1847196144
ISBN 13 : 9781847196149
Author(s) : Anghel Leonard
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Java, JBoss, Open Source, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An overview of JBoss Tools
Chapter 2: JBoss AS Tools
Chapter 3: JBoss Tools Palette
Chapter 4: JSF Tools
Chapter 5: Struts Tools
Chapter 6: Seam Tools
Chapter 7: Hibernate Tools
Chapter 8: jBPM Tools
Chapter 9: ESB Tools
Chapter 10: Web Services Tools—JBossWS
Chapter 11: JBoss Portal Tools
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop Java web applications through JBoss Tools perspective, using powerful technologies, like JSF, Seam, Struts, jBPM ,and so on
- Configure different JBoss AS distributions under Eclipse Ganymede
- Download and install Eclipse Ganymede
- Learn how to use the JBoss AS Tools to configure, start, stop, and monitor the JBoss AS directly from Eclipse IDE.
- Customize JBoss Tools Palette and learn how to use it to develop text files that contain tags
- Explore Web Services Tools for writing WSDLs, generating web services, and publishing web services based on UDDI (jUDDI) and WSIL
- Create projects with Portlet Facets, Java Portlet wizard, and JSF/Seam Portlet wizard using the Portal Tools wizard
- Learn to develop JBossESB Services using ESB Tools
- Generate a complete web service from a WSDL document and from a Java bean using WS Tools wizards
JBoss Tools consist of the best Java frameworks and technologies placed together under the same "roof". Discovering JBoss Tools is like exploring a cave; at first everything seems unknown and complicated, but once you become familiar with the main features of the Tools, you will start to feel at home.
This is the first book in the market on JBoss Tools, waiting to assist you to throw away all the tiny, dedicated tools you have used earlier, thus helping you to reduce the time you spend on developing a Java application. This book will explore the tools that will help you to build Hibernate, Seam, JSF, Struts, Web Services, jBPM, ESB, and so on and show you how to use them through screenshots, examples, and source code. JBoss Tools comes with a set of dedicated wizards, generators, editors, reverse engineering capabilities, configuration files, templates, syntax highlighting, and more for each of these technologies. Just choose the technologies, and JBoss Tools will glue them together in amazing Java web applications.
This book will show you how to develop a set of Java projects using a variety of technologies and scenarios. Everything is described through JBoss Tools "eyes". After we settle the project (or scenario) that will be developed, we configure the proper environment for the current tool (the selected projects cover the main components of a web application, with regard to the backstage technology). We continue by exploring the tool to accomplish our tasks and develop the project's components. A cocktail of images, theoretical aspects, source code, and step-by-step examples will offer you a complete insight into every tool.
At the end, we deploy and test the project. In addition, every chapter is rich with pure notions about the underlying technology, which will initiate into you or remind you of the basic aspects of it. It will also show you complete and functional applications, and get you familiar with the main aspects of every tool. By the end you will have enough information to successfully handle your own projects with JBoss Tools.
This book will drive you beyond the basics of the JBoss Tools world with theoretical aspects and practical examples
Since these technologies covered are different from each other, they are covered in separate chapters that are not interdependent; therefore you can learn to use whichever tool you want, without exploring the previous chapters. This approach sustains the learning per example paradigm and helps you to use the book as a quick guide for your favorite technologies.
Who this book is for
This book is recommended for Java developers who use at least one of the covered technologies (JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Seam, and so on). It is for all Java developers who are looking for a powerful, unitary tool, especially designed to increase the speed of development and quality of Java web applications.
No matter how much (or how little) experience they have, developers of all levels will benefit as their use of JBoss Tools is directly proportional to the complexity of their application. Since JBoss Tools covers all levels of experience, you can use it at your own level for your own applications, without involving unnecessary features. All you need is to be familiar with the Eclipse environment and Java core, and to have some expertise in the technology for which you want to use the JBoss Tools. Basic expertise for each technology is provided in the book, but for more complete and detailed aspects you should read dedicated specifications, tutorials, and articles.