EJB 3 Developer Guide
|Also available on:|
- A rapid introduction to the features of EJB 3
- EJB 3 features explored concisely with accompanying code examples
- Easily enhance Java applications with new, improved Enterprise Java Beans
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 276 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2008
ISBN : 1847195601
ISBN 13 : 9781847195609
Author(s) : Michael Sikora
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise, Java
Back to BOOK PAGE
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to the EJB 3 Architecture
Chapter 2: Session Beans
Chapter 3: Entities
Chapter 4: Object/Relational Mapping
Chapter 5: The Java Persistence Query Language
Chapter 6: Entity Manager
Chapter 7: Transactions
Chapter 8: Messaging
Chapter 9: EJB Timer Service
Chapter 10: Interceptors
Chapter 11: Implementing EJB 3 Web Services
Chapter 12: EJB 3 Security
Appendix A: Annotations and Their Corresponding Packages
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
This book will teach you the core elements of EJB 3 technology. You will:
- Gain a rapid introduction to the EJB 3 essentials while learning about the underlying principles
- Create Entities, Message-Driven Beans, Session Beans and their clients
- Look at running an EJB client from an application client container
- Learn how to package and deploy an EJB
- Use JQPL (Java Persistence Query Language)
- Explore the entity manager interface
- Learn about object/relational mapping with EJB 3
- Look at the Java Messaging API and message-driven beans
- Look at transactions, interceptors, and EJB timer services
- Understand how EJB 3 differs from the 2.x version
- Implement EJB 3's security features
The EJB 3 (Enterprise Java Beans version 3) specification is a core component of enterprise-level JEE (Java Platform Enterprise Edition) implementations and this improved version is set to simplify the development of Enterprise Java applications.
This book covers the core elements of EJB 3 technology, exploring them in a concise manner with many supporting examples. You will gain a thorough understanding of EJB 3 technology and learn about the most important features of EJB 3 quickly.
This book is a fast-paced tutorial that explores the key features of EJB 3 with many accompanying examples. This book is not a complete reference guide, but a concise exploration of EJB 3's core elements.
Who this book is for
This book is primarily aimed at professional developers who already have a working knowledge of Java. Enterprise architects and designers with a background in Java would also find this book of use. Previous experience of working with Java is essential and knowledge of relational databases is desirable.
As this book is an introduction to EJB 3, it is aimed at those who are new to EJB 3. As the new version of EJB is so radically different from the previous version (EJB 2.x), the book is suitable for and should be of interest to those who have had experience working with EJB 2.x. The text makes it clear where the differences between the versions of EJB lie, although they are not explored in detail.