|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create user-friendly, interactive maps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Deploy maps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Add tiles, WMS, GeoJSON, custom markers with popups, and standard and custom controls to your maps
- Create an interactive choropleth map
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 52 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782165207
ISBN 13 : 9781782165200
Author(s) : Jonathan Derrough
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
- Getting started with Leaflet (Simple)
- Using Leaflet on mobile (Simple)
- Creating markers with popups and handling events (Intermediate)
- Creating layers and layer groups (Intermediate)
- Using Leaflet map controls (Intermediate)
- Using GeoJSON to create stylish map objects (Intermediate)
- Designing interactive choropleth maps (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 15 Jul 2013
Errata type: Technical | Page number : 15
The code line given on the 12th line of code of step 1 under How to do it... section
popupAnchor: [32, 10]
popupAnchor: [0, -32]
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Setting up a development environment
- Building Leaflet from source
- Creating tile layers
- Deploying on mobile
- Using location
- Creating custom markers with popups
- Handling events
- Using layer groups
- Displaying a map’s controls
- Using GeoJSON to create vector map objects
You will also learn how to add dynamic responsive features to your maps through the use of tiles, WMS, GeoJSON, custom markers with popups, interactive vector objects, and standard controls, as well as custom ones. Furthermore, preparing to deploy on mobile and using the location of the device will be explained in detail.
Everything you need to know about Leaflet to create great maps, from a basic slippy map to a colorful, animated, interactive, choropleth map, will be explained in this book.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This How-to guide offers techniques and skills through recipes. The guide is packed with step-by-step instructions for anyone who wants to learn to design and deploy interactive maps to their application
Who this book is for