Instant Dependency Management with RequireJS How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Filled with useful tips to improve the performance and maintainability of web applications
- Contains valuable guidance to integrate popular third-party libraries, such as jQuery, the jQueryUI Widget Factory, and Backbone.js, with RequireJS
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 42 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782169067
ISBN 13 : 9781782169062
Author(s) : Greg Franko
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Web Development, Web Development, Java, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Dependency Management with RequireJS How-to
- Instant Dependency Management with RequireJS How-to
- Using RequireJS (Intermediate)
- Setting RequireJS configurations (Intermediate)
- Creating AMD modules (Advanced)
- Using jQuery and jQueryUI Widget Factory plugins with RequireJS (Advanced)
- Using Backbone.js and Lodash.js with RequireJS (Intermediate)
- Separating mobile web and desktop logic with RequireJS (Intermediate)
- Creating Jasmine unit tests with RequireJS (Intermediate)
- Using the RequireJS optimizer (Advanced)
The book is well written and go through the basics of what RequireJS is, how to get it and put it into your application and how to benefit from things like asynchronous module loading, module dependencies resolution and using the fantastic RequireJS optimizer tool to get compressed and minified code ready to be deployed in production environment. - Davide Molin
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Investigate synchronous and asynchronous methods to kick start your application with RequireJS
- Create application level RequireJS configuration settings
- Explore reusable and non-reusable AMD modules
- Use and create jQuery and jQueryUI Widget Factory plugins with RequireJS
- Learn techniques for maintaining one codebase to support a mobile web and desktop application
- Explore how to dynamically render Lodash templates with the RequireJS text plugin
Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD) script loaders are fast becoming one of the most popular tools for improving the performance and maintainability of front-end web applications. RequireJS stands out as the most popular AMD script loader, and comes packed with amazing features.
This hands-on guide will teach you both basic and advanced techniques when using the AMD script loader RequireJS.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks.A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes on customizing your projects.
Who this book is for