Instant Cytoscape Complex Network Analysis How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Import and export networks using different formats
- Use Vizmapper and layouts to customize the looks of your networks
- Search for nodes and edges of interest
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 76 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849519803
ISBN 13 : 9781849519809
Author(s) : Gang Su
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Networking & Telephony, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Cytoscape Complex Network Analysis How-to
- Instant Cytoscape Complex Network Analysis How-to
- Unboxing Cytoscape (Easy)
- Loading up Cytoscape! (Easy)
- Touch Cytoscape with some style (Intermediate)
- A network with many forms (Intermediate)
- Finding needles in a haystack (Intermediate)
- Tuning up Cytoscape with gadgets (Intermediate)
- Where are the clusters? (Advanced)
- Additional visualization capabilities (Intermediate)
- When local is not enough (Intermediate)
- Export, save, and call it a day! (Intermediate)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use VizMapper to configure visual styles
- Apply a variety of network layouts
- Identify clusters for functional mapping
- Search using complex criteria
- Introduction to popular plugins
- Access remote resources
- Export and save your work
Analyzing and visualizing networks for some of us has been quite difficult, although network typed data has been growing rapidly in almost all kinds of disciplines. Visualization of a network from its text or form can dramatically aid the intuitive human exploration and discovery of key features or functions. Cytoscape is a great tool for this purpose – no matter if you want to find out about a friendship group on Facebook or what a protein-protein interaction looks like.
Cytoscape Complex Network Analysis How-to is a hands-on book that provides you with step-by-step exercises to help you get familiar with Cytoscape. With the help of quick recipes, you will be able to load, visualize, search, cluster, import and export networks, and manage plugins without a hitch.
This book begins with an overview of the book (setup, basics, load networks), then progresses to VizMapper, layout and search functions, and concludes with plugins, clustering, remote services, and data export. Every recipe is designed very concisely to help you quickly get a general idea without diving into too much detail.
You will also learn how to build your own video player using jQuery, or by using one of the pre-built libraries available. We will also take a look at adding functionality such as lightbox effects, or subtitles, as well as how to publish videos to popular hosting sites, such as YouTube or VideoBin. If you want to take advantage of using the new HTML5 video format, then this is the book for you.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This How-to guide offers techniques and skills through recipes. The guide is packed with step-by-step instructions for anyone who wants to learn to use Cytoscape for visualizing networks.
Who this book is for
This book is great for people who have basic knowledge of programming, network analysis, and Cytoscape usage but would like to visualize and explore some network data. Readers are expected to know the basic concepts of network data, and be capable of using text editing software to edit tabular data which is imported into Cytoscape. Optionally, the user should understand network clustering and command line tools such as R.