Creative Greenfoot: RAW
|Also available on:|
- Apply a wide variety of game design and programming animation techniques to create immersive interactive applications that use state-of-the-art controllers and input devices
- Quickly learn key concepts in animation, physics, and artificial intelligence to jump-start your journey into creative computing
- Gain a deep understanding of interactive development by working systematically from concept to design with several engaging example applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 326 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2014
ISBN : 1783980389
ISBN 13 : 9781783980383
Author(s) : Michael Haungs
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Game Development, e-Learning, Open Source, RAW books
|1||Let’s Dive Right in…
||IN THE BOOK|
|2||Animation||IN THE BOOK|
|3||Collision Detection||JULY 2014
|5||Interactive Application Design and Theory
|6||Scrolling and Mapped Worlds
|7||Artificial Intelligence||SEPTEMBER 2014
|8||User Interfaces||SEPTEMBER 2014|
|9||Game Pads||SEPTEMBER 2014|
|10||XBOX Kinect||OCTOBER 2014
|11||LEAP Controller||OCTOBER 2014|
|12||What to Dive into Next…||OCTOBER 2014|
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use various methods of animation to breathe life into all aspects of a game or simulation
- Evaluate the different methods of collision detection and choose the right method for the task at hand
- Design and implement scrolling and mapped environments
- Incorporate simple techniques to give the illusion of intelligence to actors in Greenfoot scenarios
- Create user-friendly and intuitive user interfaces
- Harness the power of novel input devices such as Microsoft’s Kinect and the Leap Motion Controller
The worlds of computers and art are merging in new and complex ways. Greenfoot is designed to ease the transition into this immerging field, allowing for the easy development of two-dimensional graphical applications, such as simulations and interactive games. It provides a user-friendly, supportive environment for Java programming that helps users of all skill levels—including complete programming beginners—to quickly build creative entertainment.
This book provides you with the knowledge and processes necessary to create engaging interactive applications in Greenfoot. It systematically covers essential technologies and algorithms used in creative programming, such as collision detection, easing, and particle effects. You will not only learn to use best practices, but also learn about how these practices were developed and how to augment them to suit your individual needs. After learning the ins and outs of designing and implementing interactive applications, you will see how to interface new and exciting input controllers from Microsoft and Leap Motion to provide an unparalleled immersive experience.
The book will take you through the advanced, creative, and engaging functions of Greenfoot while teaching object-orientated Java.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% off the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
This book provides clear instructions on mastering the more complex and advanced functions and techniques of Greenfoot through the active creation of game projects, step-by-step tutorials, and plenty of illustrative screenshots and code.
Who this book is for
This book is for coding students and Java programmers of all levels interested in building engaging, interactive applications with Greenfoot. A familiarity with the very basics of Greenfoot is assumed.