Creating Universes with SAP BusinessObjects
|Also available on:|
- Gain all the skills needed to achieve your business intelligence goals by linking your business, data, and people using SAP BusinessObjects
- Master the SAP Information Design Tool to create a universe and explore its resources such as the connection, data foundation layer, and business layer
- Learn to use a business case supported with illustrated diagrams that will help you to build robust universes
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 296 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2014
ISBN : 1782170901
ISBN 13 : 9781782170907
Author(s) : Taha M. Mahmoud
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Enterprise
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Leverage SAP BusinessObjects universes to facilitate your Business Intelligence goals
- Explore the Information Design Tool, which brings speed and efficiency to reporting
- Build a robust data foundation layer
- Make a business oriented universe
- Test your universe and discover issues
- Use the security profile editor to secure your universe
- Develop universes in a multiuser development environment
A BusinessObjects universe is the semantic layer that resides between an organization’s database and the end user, but more importantly, it is a business representation of your data warehouse or transactional database. It allows the user to interact with their data without having to know the complexities of their database or where the data is stored. The universe is created using familiar business terminology to describe the business environment and allows the user to retrieve the data that interests them.
Creating a universe using SAP BusinessObjects is your ultimate guide to mastering the development of BusinessObjects universes using the SAP Information Design Tool. You will find many hands-on exercises as well as hints and best practices within this guide.
The book starts with an introduction to Business Intelligence and where BusinessObjects universes fit into the big picture. Then, we will go through the universe creation process. You will then learn how to create a data foundation (physical layer) and how to establish a new relational database and OLAP connection. Following this, you will learn how to create a business layer. You will also learn how to handle security using user profiles and how to use @Functions such as @AGGREGATE_AWARNESS(). This book will help you to understand the multiuser development environment and how to handle universe version control as well.
This book is a practical guide to creating a SAP BusinessObjects universe. It’s a must have book for any SAP BO universe developer and will act as a reference for beginners and experts alike.
A step-by-step guide supported with many real-life scenarios and hands-on examples. The book has a natural flow from one topic to another and will ensure that you gain expertise in effectively creating and maintaining universes
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at both new developers as well as experienced developers. If you are a new SAP BusinessObjects universe developer who is looking for a step-by-step guide supported with real-life examples and illustrated diagrams, then this book is for you. If you are a seasoned BusinessObjects universe developer who is looking for a fast way to map your old experience in universe Designer to the newer Information Design Tool, then this book is for you as well.