Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Create reports with tables, matrices, pie charts, gauges, and other attention-grabbing visualizations
- Add flexibility to your reports by implementing various parameters
- Step-by-step instructions and practical examples for shorter report development times and to help you format reports to createa professional appearance
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Course Length : 1 hour and 41 minutes
ISBN : 1782177183
ISBN 13 : 9781782177180
Author(s) : Dr. Dallas Snider
Topics and Technologies : Video, e-Learning, Enterprise
Table of Contents
- The Report Wizard [16:12 minutes]
- Data Sources
- Report Queries
- Tabular Report Types and Their Configuration
- Matrix Report Types and Their Configuration
- Deployment Location and Completing the Wizard
- Creating a Tabular Report [16:51 minutes]
- Formatting Column Headers
- Interactive Sorting
- Adding Calculated Fields and Using Expressions
- Formatting Cells
- Viewing the Report on the Report Server
- Formatting the Report for Printing
- Formatting of Report Headers and Footers [10:18 minutes]
- Adding the Header and Footer
- Using the Built-in Fields
- Adding Query-Defined Fields
- Adding Images to the Header
- The Importance of Displaying Report Metadata on the Report
- Creating a Drilldown Report [9:56 minutes]
- Queries Specialized for Drilldown Reports
- Creating the Drilldown Report
- Grouping in SSRS
- Toggling the Display
- Adding Summary Rows
- Using Parameters in a Report [11:39 minutes]
- Parameter Types
- Available and Default Values
- Filtering by the Parameter Value
- Displaying Parameter Values within the Report
- Creating a Drillthrough Report [11:34 minutes]
- Creating a Child Report
- Adding a Parameter to a Query
- Configuring the Drillthrough Reporting Action
- Deploying the Drillthrough Reports to the Report Server
- Creating Pie and Bar Charts [13:17 minutes]
- Queries Optimized for Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Creating the Pie Chart Report
- Creating the Bar Chart Report
- Formatting the Legends and Labels
- Placing two Subreports onto One Report
- Utilizing Gauges, Sparklines, and Indicators [11:51 minutes]
- Queries Optimized for Gauges, Sparklines, and Indicators
- Creating a Report Containing a Gauge
- Creating a Report Containing a Sparkline
- Creating a Report Containing an Indicator
- Creating a Dashboard
"I liked Dr. Dallas Srinder’s voice, it is clear and monotone, not too fast and not too slow with no time wasted on secondary items. The length of each topic is sometimes too short, but it does allow experimentation on your own. Big kudos to Dr. Dallas Srinder!" - Arthur Zubarev "The quality of videos (voice and synchronization) are quite good and short size of them makes it easy to watch couple of them when you have time and continue later without loosing track of what you were watching before. I highly recommend it to all users who new to Microsoft Reporting Services." - Michael Logutov
"I liked Dr. Dallas Srinder’s voice, it is clear and monotone, not too fast and not too slow with no time wasted on secondary items. The length of each topic is sometimes too short, but it does allow experimentation on your own. Big kudos to Dr. Dallas Srinder!" - Arthur Zubarev
"The quality of videos (voice and synchronization) are quite good and short size of them makes it easy to watch couple of them when you have time and continue later without loosing track of what you were watching before. I highly recommend it to all users who new to Microsoft Reporting Services." - Michael Logutov
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Utilize the Report Wizard to quickly get a report started
- Format data in tables and matrices
- Add interactive sorting and high-impact visualizations such as pie charts, gauges, and bar graphs
- Build expressions and implement built-in variables
- Create drill-down and drill-through reports
- Maximize report flexibility through the use of parameters
- Combine report objects to create a dashboard
Who this video course is for
Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services is designed for those who have a working knowledge of SQL and who need to deliver business intelligence via impressive, interactive reports. You will need a version of SQL Server 2012 that includes the SQL Server Data Tools. This thorough course requires basic experience with SQL Server and reporting.
A key component of delivering business intelligence, SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services allows for the effective communication of critical information. SSRS enables users to quickly and easily generate reports from Microsoft SQL Server databases. This provides you with an extensive range of tools to create, manage, and customize reports for your organization.
Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services will show you how to develop practical reports that utilize tables and matrices, along with bold objects such as pie charts and gauges that quickly gain the attention of the viewer and deliver your message. With this course, you can acquire the essential skills you need to make an impression on your customers, your audience, or your boss.
Starting with the queries needed to populate areport, you will learn how to build, layout, and format informative multifunctional reports.You will be able to deliver your organization’s message clearly through high-impact visual objects. The viewers of your reports will be able to interact with the information by filtering, sorting, drilling down, or drilling through to find what is important to them.
Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services will give you all the knowledge you need to create reports that will impress your stakeholders.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
The content is delivered in a concise, conversational style that emphasizes efficiency in development while empowering you to maximize the functionality and impact of your reports created with SQL Server Reporting Services.