Creating ELearning Games with Unity
|Also available on:|
- Introduction to basic game development using the Unity game engine
- Designing goal-based games with an e-learning focus
- Fast-paced, practical guide including example driving situations, clear instructions for important stunts, and details for building your own Q-style “accessories”
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 263 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1849693420
ISBN 13 : 9781849693424
Author(s) : Jolex Del Pilar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Unity, e-Learning, Games
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use and create first person and third person cameras
- Create indoor and outdoor levels and the tools needed
- Integrate with online databases
- Utilize real-time and baked lighting
- Create game events and point and click interfaces
- Import assets from Maya or 3D Max into Unity to create boned-based animations without the need for manually triangulating your polygonal meshes
Games are a large part of the growing e-learning industry. Combining solid game design, learning goals, and mature technology are key factors in any successful eLearning experience.
"Creating E-Learning Games" with Unity will explore all the basic essentials of game development including art creation, art importing, scripting, and design. The examples will focus on real game building exercises that will teach the user to build and create their own games with a focus on e-learning goals.
The early chapters of the book will explore the essentials of game development. The user will then be asked to put it all together in step-by-step game building examples, such as a simple first person point and click interactive game, using 3D models, sound files, and animation techniques.
Learn how to use and import art assets into the Unity game engine. Use basic scripts and editors to build a game without expert knowledge of programming, while still learning to manipulate scenery, levels, and camera angles.
"Creating E-Learning Games" with Unity will teach educators and game development novices how to build games with e-learning goals.
Presented in a step-by-step tutorial that will build up a sample scenario throughout the book.
Who this book is for
"Creating E-Learning Games with Unity" is for educators and game development novices looking to utilize games in their e-learning curriculum.