Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Detailed, step-by-step interactive tutorial guide to learning PowerPivot
- Carefully organized topics for users of all levels
- Learn how to make your data accessible and attractive
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 58 pages
Release Date : April 2013
ISBN : 1849689563
ISBN 13 : 9781849689564
Author(s) : Leo Taehyung Lee
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Instant, Microsoft Other, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to
- Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to
- Installation (Simple)
- Importing data from the database (Advanced)
- Importing data from other files (Simple)
- Filtering the data to be imported (Intermediate)
- Creating a pivot table (Simple)
- Creating a pivot chart (Simple)
- Managing data relationships (Simple)
- Adding new custom columns (Intermediate)
- Making the data look presentable (Simple)
- Publishing as Excel (Simple)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install a database and import/export data freely
- Collect and combine data across various sources and formats
- Understand relationships between various data
- Develop complex tables and models for future analysis
- Design meaningful charts and tables easy for everyone to understand
- Write custom codes to modify data to a required form
- Extend PowerPivot with external programs for further collaboration
Microsoft PowerPivot is a free software designed to enhance Microsoft Excel. It allows the user to make extensive use of his/her computer’s powers to draw data from various sources, do analysis across millions of rows of data, and present results in a very unique format.
Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to is a concise and to-the-point guide that helps you get a jump start on using this strong business intelligence tool, while still working in an environment similar to Excel. You will begin with data generation and manipulation, learning a new feature at each step by building onto the old file, and ultimately creating a comprehensive file.
Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to will guide the user through database installation, importing data from various sources, creating pivot charts and tables, utilizing a unique feature of PowerPivot called slicers,adding custom columns, and setting custom relationships between data to generate the ultimate customized dataset for analysis. By the end of the book and all the sections of Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel, the reader will be fully experienced and ready to utilize this powerful software.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This is a practical, recipe-based book, taking the reader through the hands-on steps required to set up and use PowerPivot with as little fuss as possible.
Who this book is for
This is an introductory book on PowerPivot for basic Excel users who handle lots of data and are willing to go beyond the limitations of Excel without the need to learn a new language from scratch.