Instant Zepto.js [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create websites and applications that respond quicker than your rivals
- Add powerful gesture support to any web page with only a few lines of code
- Build plugins to extend Zepto.js and make them compatible with jQuery
- Full of step-by-step walkthroughs and examples to quickly get you started and productive with Zepto.js
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 48 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1783282894
ISBN 13 : 9781783282890
Author(s) : Ian Pointer
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Zepto.js
- Instant Zepto.js
- So, what is Zepto.js?
- Quick start – the Zepto.js API
- Step 1 – DOM filtering
- Step 2 – DOM manipulation
- Step 3 – CSS operations
- Step 4 – DOM event handling
- Step 5 – Ajax requests
- Top 3 features you need to know about
- The build system – building a custom Zepto.js
- Mobile device support
- Device and browser detection
- Touches and gestures
- Checking for jQuery compatibility
- Writing plugins
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
- Supported plugins and frameworks
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Obtain and install Zepto.js on your web pages and applications
- Build custom versions of Zepto.js for different circumstances
- Use Zepto.js's animation features for rich web interactions
- Understand the differences between Zepto.js and jQuery and how to deal with them
- Use Zepto.js for mobile device detection
- Extend Zepto.js using its plugin mechanism
- Add touch and gestural support to your web applications on mobile devices
Instant Zepto.js will show you the benefits of choosing Zepto.js over jQuery. You will learn how to install and get it working on your websites as well as how to take advantage of hardware features such as fast, smooth animation and gestures on mobile devices.
Instant Zepto.js will take you from installing Zepto.js all the way to building a custom user interface using gesture support and hardware-accelerated animation. You'll learn how to set up and get Zepto.js working on your web pages, have a quick run-through of the features it provides, and then you'll get right down to making animations, adding gesture support, and writing plugins to extend the library.
Instant Zepto.js is a fast-paced guide that will get you up and running in no time at all.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A simple starter guide that will walk you through Zepto.js from installation to more advanced topics using a step-by-step approach with useful examples included along the way.
Who this book is for
Instant Zepto.js is designed for web developers with some jQuery experience who are interested in speeding up and enhancing their web applications, especially on mobile devices.