Instant Highcharts [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create your first customized and interactive Highcharts chart
- Get to grips with the core concepts of Highcharts
- Learn how to progress with the Highcharts library
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 184969754X
ISBN 13 : 9781849697545
Author(s) : Cyril Grandjean
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Data, Instant, Content Management (CMS), Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Highcharts
- Instant Highcharts
- So, what is Highcharts?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading Highcharts
- Step 3 – Highcharts installation
- Step 4 – your first chart
- And that's it
- Quick start – setting up the main sections of Highcharts
- Step 1 – setting the title and subtitle
- Step 2 – setting the credits
- Step 3 – setting the series
- Step 4 – setting the axes, plot lines, and plot bands
- Step 5 – setting the tool tip
- Step 6 – setting the legend
- Step 7 – final code
- Top 4 features you need to know about
- Creating a line chart with a time axis and two Y axes
- Creating a stacked bar chart
- Creating a pie chart
- Creating dynamic charts
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- JSFiddle tool
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Highcharts to work with your web application
- Build your own customized column, bar, area, and pie charts
- Prepare your chart dynamically on the server side
- Set up a time axis
- Add plot lines and plot bands into your axis
- Customize some of your chart parameters such as the legend or the tooltip
- Implement a multiple axes chart
- Create a stacked bar chart
Nowadays, a lot of systems and tools are developed using web technologies. Customers need to analyze their data using charts on their computer or their mobile device. With the Highcharts library, it is possible to create highly customizable and interactive charts on any computer or a mobile device without installing any plugins.
Instant Highcharts is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a step-by-step approach, which will help you to take advantage of the powerful features of Highcharts. With Instant Highcharts, you will learn everything you need to know to create your own dynamic charts with your own data inside your web application.
Instant Highcharts will present you with different features available with Highcharts, and helps you to create your own chart. You will start with Highcharts installation and then learn to create your own customized column, bar, area, and pie charts with your data. You will learn to add some interactive functionality such as the zoom feature or to export your chart into a printable format. We will also give you tips that will help you to improve your skills with Highcharts.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Instant Highcharts has a step-by-step approach to help you understand the core concepts of different types of Highcharts and create your own customized charts.
Who this book is for