Instant Handlebars.js [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create and display templates on your pages
- Extend Handlebars with custom helpers
- Organize your code with partials
- Optimize your development environment
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 62 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1783282657
ISBN 13 : 9781783282654
Author(s) : Gabriel Manricks
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Handlebars.js
- Instant Handlebars.js
- So, what is Handlebars?
- The syntax
- Downloading the Handlebars library
- Precompiling templates
- Quick start – creating your first template
- Preparing the project
- Block helpers
- Top 6 features you need to know about
- Structuring a Handlebars app
- Logging and comments
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- About Packt Publishing
- Writing for Packt
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and compile templates with data
- Learn how to structure reusable templates
- Extend Handlebars with helpers
- Manipulate a template’s context
- Reuse templates with partials
- Organize your projects with Require.js
- Pre-compile templates for production
- Add debug points to keep your templates maintainable
"Instant Handlebars.js" is a complete guide to the Handlebars library filled with internal concepts and practical examples that will help illustrate what’s going on and take you from a complete beginner to a Handlebars expert.
"Instant Handlebars.js" begins with the very basics, requiring no previous knowledge about templating engines. Throughout the course of this book, you get a thorough tour of all the features available in Handlebars.js and you will learn how to organize your websites for both development and production.
In this book, we will cover how to create templates with both placeholders and helpers. We will then go into organizing your projects for rapid -development using Require.js and how to optimize and compile your projects for production. To finish off, you will learn how to annotate your code and leave debug points so that you can easily maintain and troubleshoot your code in the future.
Handlebars is a small library;, it is meant to fill a specific need and it does this well. "Instant Handlebars.js" takes a very methodical approach to cover every aspect of this amazing library with practical examples provided every step of the way.
Who this book is for