Blender 3D Architecture, Buildings, and Scenery
|Also available on:|
- Turn your architectural plans into a model
- Study modeling, materials, textures, and light basics in Blender
- Create photo-realistic images in detail
- Create realistic virtual tours of buildings and scenes
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 332 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2008
ISBN : 1847193676
ISBN 13 : 9781847193674
Author(s) : Allan Brito
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Blender, Open Source, Web Graphics & Video
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Blender and Architectural Visualization
Chapter 2: Blender 3D: Quick Start
Chapter 3: Modeling
Chapter 4: Modeling for Architecture
Chapter 5: Modeling Details
Chapter 6: Modeling Furniture
Chapter 7: Materials
Chapter 8: Textures
Chapter 9: UV Mapping
Chapter 10: Light Basics
Chapter 11: Radiosity and Ambient Occlusion
Chapter 12: Global Illumination with YafRay
Chapter 13: Animation for Architectural Visualization
Chapter 14: Post-Production with GIMP
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 9 submitted: last submission 03 Mar 2013
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 9
Second Last line "Lost of pictures" should read "Lots of pictures"
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 19
'tree Headers' should be "three headers"
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 20
line 12 'When you left-click' should be "When you right-click"
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 21
line 7: 'hat adjust' should be "that adjusts"
Errata type: Others | Page number: 52
"When the faces are selected, simply..." should be: "When the vertices are selected, simply..."
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 57
at chapter "Extrude the Edges" "...will be displayed is if we have... should be "...will be displayed is, if we have...
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 162
It should be 'File' not "Fle"
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 163
It should be 'Few of the' not 'few the'
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 172
It should be 'use' not "uses"
What you will learn from this book
- Build detailed and realistic models of buildings, furniture, and landscapes
- Create interior views of rooms and offices and exterior views of buildings, landscapes, and courtyards
- Produce video tours of the buildings and environments you create
- Export simple versions of your models for use in games and interactive environments
- Export still images and use the GIMP to give them a final polish
- Use natural and artificial light sources to illuminate your scenes in a realistic way
- Apply textures to building surfaces to produce more detailed and realistic scenes
- Add humans and other â€˜propsâ€™ to your scenes to increase their realism
- Develop a library of textures, materials, objects that you can use over and over again
- Use the YafRay raytracer to create astonishingly realistic, photo quality images
- How to import materials between scenes
- Create interactive animations
This book will show you how to create realistic architectural models in Blender. Blender is an open-source 3D animation program released as free software. It can be used for modeling, texturing, skinning, animating, and so on. It runs on all the important operating systems (including Windows, Mac, and Linux).
You can create natural scenery, landscapes, plants, various weather conditions, environmental factors, building materials such as wood, metal, brick, and more. You will also learn how to add people to different scenes as well as other objects to an already existing photograph or a video making it easier to increase its realism.
You will see how to use the final models to create simpler scenes for use in 3D games, where real-time rendering is necessary. You will also see how to use them to create the sets for animated movies.
This book is about creating realistic models of building exteriors and interiors, and surrounding environment and scenery.
The book consists of a lot of exciting examples, which are shaped using the various features of Blender. It consists of step-by-step instructions leading you to realistic models of buildings, landscapes, and more. A collection of amazing screenshots will add up excitement to your learning experience. You can build realistic 3D models that can be used while creating different animation projects.
The printed version of the book is in black and white, but a full color version of the images is available for download here. The eBook version, available from Packt, is in full color.
Who this book is for
This book is for architects, game designers, artists, or movie makers who want to create realistic buildings, interiors, and scenery using Blender 3D, a free, open-source graphics tool. This book is not a general introduction to Blender, but focuses on developing expertise on the architectural aspects of the tool. Readers need not have prior knowledge of Blender.