C++ Multithreading Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Create multithreaded applications using the power of C++
- Upgrade your applications with parallel execution in easy-to-understand steps
- Stay up to date with new Windows 8 concurrent tasks
- Avoid classical synchronization problems
- Understand Windows API and concurrent execution
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1783289791
ISBN 13 : 9781783289790
Author(s) : Milos Ljumovic
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Cookbooks, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use an object-oriented programming model with inheritance, overloading, and polymorphism
- Solve common interprocess communication problems and avoid deadlocks or starvation problems in your application development
- Manage threads efficiently using the CThread class
- Explore .NET CLI/C++ features as well as synchronization objects and techniques
- Make use of parallel techniques in code design
- Use machine resources in concurrent execution
- Enable programs to work with each other using Message Passing
- Avoid common synchronization problems
Creating multithreaded applications is a present-day approach towards programming. Developers expect their applications to be user friendly, with a rich interface and concurrent execution. The power of the C++ language alongside the native Win32 API features will give you a head start over all other languages and frameworks. With the power of C++, you can easily create various types of applications and perform parallelism and optimizations in your existing solutions.
This book is a practical, powerful, and easy-to-understand guide to C++ multithreading. You will learn how to benefit from the multithreaded approach and enhance your development skills to build better applications. This book will not only help you avoid problems when creating parallel code, but also help you to understand synchronization techniques in detail. The book also covers the Windows process model alongside scheduling techniques and interprocess communication.
Beginning from the basics, you will be introduced to the most powerful Integrated Development Environments ever made: Microsoft Visual Studio. You will then learn to use Windows kernel native features, as well as the characteristics of .NET framework. You will then understand how to solve some common concurrent problems and learn how to properly think in a multithreaded environment.
Using Mutexes, semaphores, critical sections, monitors, events & pipes, you will learn the most efficient way of synchronization in your C++ application. The book will then teach you the best possible approach to learn concurrency in C++.
Using the C++ Native Calls, the book will show you how to leverage machine hardware for optimum performance. The end goal of the book will be to impart various multithreading concepts that will enable you to do parallel computing and concurrent programming quickly and efficiently.
The book is an easy-to-follow guide for creating multi-threaded applications using C++. Each topic is thoroughly explained with multiple illustrations. Many algorithms, such as Dinning Philosophers Problem give you thorough explanations that will help you to understand and solve concurrent tasks.
Who this book is for
The book is intended for enterprise developers and programmers who wish to make use of C++ capabilities to learn the multithreaded approach. Knowledge of multithreading along with experience in C++ is an added advantage. However it is not a prerequisite.