Microsoft Dynamics GP Techniques [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Learn how to keep data tidy while speeding up data entry and reducing entry errors.
- Follow carefully organized sequences of instructions as they’re performed in an easy to follow step-by-step video guide.
- Learn advanced methods of enquiring, reporting, and system maintenance.
- Clear, concise, self-contained videos each covering a technique, tip or feature.
- Let an experienced Dynamics GP certified consultant show you how to get the most out of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, May 31, 2013
Course Length : 128 Minutes
ISBN : 1849689326
ISBN 13 : 9781849689328
Author(s) : Ian Grieve
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Video, Microsoft Dynamics, e-Learning, Enterprise
Table of Contents
- Logging In and User Customization [15:56 mins]
- Logging In: Remember User and Company
- Customizing the Home Page
- Visual Cues for Reminders
- Creating Shortcuts to Windows and External Applications
- User Preferences
- Enquiring & SmartLists [16:13 mins]
- Account Rollup Enquiry
- Undocumented SmartList Search
- Letter Writing Assistant
- Navigation Lists
- Reporting [13:49 mins]
- Standard Reports and Reporting Groups
- Managing reports with My Reports
- Excel and SSRS Reports
- Reconcile to GL
- Keeping Data Tidy [14:08 mins]
- Reactivating Account Segment warnings and using proper names
- Utilizing Allow Account Entry and Account Aliases
- Using Budget Passwords (and how to reset a forgotten password)
- Correcting posting errors in the GL using Back Out and Correcting Journals
- Making sure all Purchase Orders are closed
- Speeding Data Entry and Reducing Entry Errors [18:09 mins]
- Using Window and Record Notes
- Using Named and Unnamed Comments
- Using Quick & Recurring Journals
- Combining Budgets
- Updating the chart of accounts using Mass Modify
- Speeding Data Entry and Reducing Entry Errors 2 [12:04 mins]
- Copying Purchase and Sales Orders
- Transferring multiple Sales Orders to Invoice
- Adding Sales Commitments to POs
- Preventing the sale of discontinued items
- System Maintenance [23:25 mins]
- Resolving problems with Check Links and Reconcile
- Backing up databases
- ODBC and CNAME Aliases
- Resetting lost DYNSA and System Passwords
- Copying Live Company to Test on a schedule using SQL Server Agent
- Maintaining dictionaries
- Deploying Service Packs with Client Update
- Professional Services Tools Library [17:57 mins]
- Professional Services Tools Library Overview
- Database Disabler
- Copy data to a new company
- Master Triggers
- Account, Vendor, Customer, Item and Site Combiners
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Improve logging in and get more relevant information visible in the home page with simple, user defined, customizations of the home screen.
- Be more effective and efficient while working with data in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Improve reporting out of Microsoft Dynamics GP using standard reports, SSRS and more.
- Keep data tidy and correct problems across GL and POP.
- Speed up data entry and reduce entry errors in GL, across other modules, as well as in Distributions series such as POP and SOP.
- Simplify interactions with an underlying SQL database.
- Improve performance and maintainability of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Get to grips with Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL) functions and learn how to use them in order to clean up your system.
Who this video course is for
Dynamics GP users or Dynamics GP partners primarily focused on delivering time-proven application optimizations. This online learning course assumes that you have a basic understanding of Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar systems and some knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 is a full featured, mature Enterprise Resource Planning application with a vast set of features and options. System administrators and end users alike can leverage the power of Dynamics GP to help them make smarter decisions and give them better awareness and control over what’s going on in their business.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Techniques presents a series of step-by-step video guides showing you how to get the most out of Microsoft Dynamics GP. System administrators and end users alike will learn how to leverage its abilities to help make smarter decisions by using some overlooked and little know features; giving them better awareness and control over what’s going on in their business.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Techniques presents a series of clear, concise videos which outline how to get the most out of your system. Starting with logging in and customizing the home page, you will learn how to inquire and report more effectively, how to fix data entry problems, speed up data entry while also reducing data entry errors, improve system maintenance, as well as learn how to install and use the Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL) to copy and alter data.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Follow carefully organized sequences of instructions that outline how to leverage the power of Dynamics GP in simple and easy to understand examples, helping to improve your ability to work.