Implementing Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Covers all the product features, from installation to array management
- Goes through the most important and useful daily tasks an administrator needs to manage the UAG server effectively
- Delivered by the leading expert on Forefront UAG world-wide
- Provides quick and efficient training using a hands-on visual approach
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, May 30, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours
ISBN : 1849689261
ISBN 13 : 9781849689267
Author(s) : Erez Ben-Ari
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Video, Enterprise, Microsoft
Table of Contents
- Introduction to UAG [14:06 minutes]
- Introduction to UAG and what it does
- System requirements
- What’s in the box (TMG, UAG, SQL Express, IIS)
- Generic concepts and terminology
- What are the client components
- Trunks [13:56 minutes]
- Trunk types
- Auth repositories
- Unauthenticated Trunks
- Creating a repository
- Creating a portal trunk with a redirect trunk
- UAG in the Real World [16:44 mins]
- Logging in and using the portal
- The client support matrix
- Using UAG with mobile phones
- The issue of domain membership
- The UAG console and activation monitor
- What you can and cannot do with TMG and IIS
- Publishing Simple Applications [14:32 mins]
- Regular apps vs host specific apps
- Publishing a SharePoint server
- Publishing Exchange OWA
- Publishing Exchange Outlook Anywhere
- Publishing Lync
- Advanced Application Publishing [21:02 mins]
- Publishing other web applications
- Applications that have mixed web and non-web components
- Publishing tunneled apps
- Introduction to VPN publishing
- Publishing VPN for Vista and older clients
- Publishing VPN for Windows 7 clients with SSTP
- Publishing RDP via tunneling or RDG
- Enhanced Productivity with UAG [12:34 mins]
- Single Sign-On and how to manage it
- What are endpoint policies
- Assigning endpoint policies to trunks, apps and functions
- Configuring authorization for apps
- Arrays [8:58 mins]
- What are arrays and load balancing
- Creating an array
- Enabling load balancing
- Advanced Management [15:26 minutes]
- Managing session parameters
- Monitoring sessions and errors
- Backup and restore
- Managing the ruleset and URL security (incl. chars)
- Certificates for trunk access, certified endpoints and cert login
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Understand what UAG does, how it works and generic concepts and terminology pertaining to it
- Get familiar with the building blocks of UAG, such as trunks, repositories and authentication
- Learn how to install UAG and configure an application portal
- Explore the UAG portal and the client platforms that are supported
- Get acquainted with publishing the core applications – SharePoint, Exchange and Lync
- Dive into publishing advanced non-web apps, VPN and RDP access
- Take in the concept of Single-sign on, endpoint policies and application authorization
- Discover how to configure arrays
- Comprehend how to manage and monitor sessions, back up the server and control access with URL filtering
Who this video course is for
This video is targeted at IT administrators who want to implement UAG in their environments, and take full advantage of its many features and abilities. The reader will be best served by a background in TCP/IP networking, configuring enterprise applications such as Exchange and SharePoint, and concepts of remote-access and information security.
Forefront UAG 2010 allows an organization to provision multiple remote access technologies all in one product. Application publishing and SSL-VPN, with enhanced security mechanisms provide athe benefit of secure remote access from anywhere. With this course, you will be equipped to deal with these types of customization scenarios, and you will be confident in using such workarounds without hassle and trial and error.
Implementing Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 is designed to train IT administrators forin designing and implementing a UAG server in the organization. It provides a cost-effective and time-effective means of understanding the common tasks, from installation to advanced array management, with a hands-on approach. Instead of reading through hundreds of pages of text, learn all the primary tasks in only 40 video lessons which explain and demonstrate how to get things done.
Implementing Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 takes the viewer through a journey starting with an overview and the concepts of the UAG and remote access world, and ending with advanced scenarios for large organizations.
The beginning of the journey shows how to install UAG, and configure the basic building blocks, like Trunks, authentication repositories and applications such as SharePoint, Exchange and Lync. It then goes deeper, exploring advanced publishing scenarios such as non-web application publishing, full VPN access and RDP publishing. Following this, the course discusses securing your deployment with endpoint detection and policy, and granular application authorization. Finally, we discuss advanced operations like array management, monitoring, backup and URL filtering.
Having gone through all that, you will know everything you need to get off the ground, and start publishing your applications effectively and securely.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Implementing Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 is packed with clear step-by-step instructions for performing the most useful tasks for managing a UAG server