Construct 2 Game Development by Example
|Also available on:|
- Make games easily in Construct 2, with no programming
- Get to grips with game design and production from scratch, with no experience necessary
- Learn the secrets behind the mechanics of bestselling games, from tower defence to physics puzzles
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 230 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2014
ISBN : 1849698066
ISBN 13 : 9781849698061
Author(s) : John Bura
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Game Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Construct 2
Chapter 2: Inputs and Controls
Chapter 3: Variables and Arrays
Chapter 4: Game Mechanics
Chapter 5: Making a Simple Shooter
Chapter 6: Making a Tower Defense Game
Chapter 7: Making a Puzzle Physics Game
Chapter 8: Exporting Your Game
Appendix: Where to Go from Here
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create 2D games from scratch
- Monetize your games with in-game shops
- Program game mechanics which are the core of game design
- Deploy your game to multiple platforms
- Discover techniques to build simple yet effective enemy AI
- Implement physics for falling blocks and bullets
- Get time saving tips and best practice advice for quick and effective game production
- Design different types of games that are fun and exciting
Construct 2 is an HTML5-based game editor that uses drag-and-drop functionality to allow users to create complex and engaging games with no programming experience. The software is fast and easy to learn for novices, yet powerful for advanced users, letting expert game builders work even quicker than by coding.
This book gets to grips with the basics of Construct 2 game design techniques and clearly explains and illustrates important features, from controls to game mechanics, before having you put those skills to the test by building three complete game projects. You will learn how to create games in popular and bestselling genres, distribute them through multiple channels, and expand your foundational knowledge into expert game design skills.
This book uses practical examples to teach readers, and imparts the key skills and techniques of working in Construct 2 through building complete game projects.
Who this book is for
This book is for complete beginners who have always wanted to learn how to make games and have never tried. It is the perfect introduction to game development, design, and production.