|Also available on:|
- Successfully implement Compiere, the leading open source ERP business solution, to manage and coordinate all the resources, information, and functions of a business
- Efficiently manage business documents such as purchase/sales orders, material receipts/shipments, and invoices
- A quick way to evaluate the Compiere software against your needs, or to get a prototype implementation to test with users or management
- Written in a clear and concise manner, this book follows a business model case-study example enabling you to learn about Compiere fundamentals and best practices along the way
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 224 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2010
ISBN : 1849510849
ISBN 13 : 9781849510844
Author(s) : Andries L Pretorius
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Evaluating the Compiere System
Chapter 2: The Initial Compiere Setup
Chapter 3: Customers and the Sales Process
Chapter 4: Product and Material Management
Chapter 5: Procurement Management
Chapter 6: Compiere Financial Management
Chapter 7: Advanced Aspects
Chapter 8: Project Planning for Go-Live and Beyond
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the critical factors that you must use to evaluate an ERP system
- Manage and monitor your Compiere instance
- Deal with all the aspects of sales process management relating to master data management, order fulfillment, invoicing, and shipments
- Learn about material management in Compiere including Warehousing, adjusting product quantities, and moving inventory
- Create procurement documents including order requisitions, purchase orders, material receipts, vendor invoices, and vendor payments
- Effectively handle post-production activities and documents such as quotations, bank statements, sales orders, shipments, and invoicing
- Explore advanced aspects including User and security setup, application dictionary and workflow processes.
- Plan your project implementation and beyond.
Compiere is a world leading open source commercially supported ERP system. Very large companies have already chosen Compiere over traditional systems. By its nature ERP is a complex subject and while you may be familiar with ERP this book will introduce you to the concepts of Compiere. Here you will learn the Compiere essentials quickly and concisely.
The aim of this book is to get you up and running with Compiere through a practical hands on approach. This book will also give you an overview of the main Compiere business process aspects. This book will help you get comfortable with using and exploring the Compiere system as you prepare for a roll out in your organization.
Maturing from an open source project to a leading edge competitor in the ERP space, Compiere offers what other traditional big name systems lack. Offering its best of class functionality on a model driven architecture, the latest enterprise platform independent web technologies (GWT, Java, JBoss, Oracle, Postgress), while maintaining openness, value, flexibility, scalability and most of all an integrated ERP platform that can be extended upon with ease.
In this book we will introduce you to understanding Compiere functionality exploring the different essential business processes. We will cover the setup, the business processes of sales, purchasing, inventory, financial management as well as advanced aspects like workflow, project planning and migration.
Every chapter is illustrated by example so as to facilitate quick and practical reading. This is not a Java programming manual and the book’s aim is to take your basic knowledge of the ERP environment and ensure a proper practical understanding of the critical functional aspects during the Compiere implementation process.
Manage your business processes efficiently by implementing the Compiere open source ERP business solution
This book is a concise guide that focuses solely on implementing Compiere. It uses a business scenario case study throughout to illustrate the sort of decisions and considerations required at critical stages in a real-life Compiere implementation.
Who this book is for
If you are considering or want to easily implement Compiere in your organization, this book is for you. This book will also be beneficial to system users and administrators who wish to implement an ERP system. No previous knowledge of Compiere is required.