CoffeeScript Application Development Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Use CoffeeScript to create and test applications and backend services
- Build applications using popular frameworks, libraries, and platforms
- Interface with popular services to send e-mails, text messages, and use cloud storage
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 406 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2014
ISBN : 1783289694
ISBN 13 : 9781783289691
Author(s) : Mike Hatfield
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Web Development, Cookbooks, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create user interfaces with jQuery, Backbone, AngularJS, and Kendo.UI
- Develop RESTful services using Node and Express
- Read and write data using SQLite, Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB and Microsoft SQL Server
- Interface with external services to send e-mails, SMS text messages, and use cloud storage services like DropBox and S3
- Test your code using Jasmine, QUnit, Zombie, Persona, and Mocha with Chai
- Work with a variety of hosts such as Heroku, Azure, and Amazon Web Services
- Use CoffeeScript for DevOp tasks such managing files and directorys, and parsing CSV and fix-width files
- Package your application for an app store using Apache Cordova
We begin by first considering why you should use CoffeeScript, and then move on to demonstratinghow CoffeeScript can be used to create user interfaces and backend services, deal with external services, test, and deploy our applications.
Some of the libraries and platforms we will be working with include Node.js, jQuery, Backbone, AngularJS, Kendo.UI, Socket.io, MongoDB, Redis, SQLite, Twil.io, DropBox, and S3, as well as testing with Jasmine, Zombie, Mocha, and Chai.
This book is packed with helpful and engaging recipes to make your life easier.
An easy-to-follow guide with over 100 helpful examples of developing all aspects of engaging applications. Each recipe is fully explained with many tips and tricks that can be used in your day-to-day development work.
Who this book is for