Instant CloudFlare Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Speed up your website using an array of powerful optimization tools
- Effectively monitor who is visiting your website, and when
- Learn how to discover and prevent security issues
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1782160280
ISBN 13 : 9781782160281
Author(s) : Jeff Dickey
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Virtualization and Cloud, Cloud, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant CloudFlare Starter
- Instant CloudFlare Starter
- So, what is CloudFlare?
- Step 1 – getting CloudFlare set up
- Step 2 – adding DNS information to CloudFlare
- Step 3 – verifying DNS configuration
- And that's it!!
- Quick start – configuring CloudFlare features
- Step 1 – configuring initial settings
- Step 2 – switching nameservers to CloudFlare
- Step 3 – configuring performance settings
- Caching levels
- Caching TTL
- Asset minification
- Rocket Loader
- Website preloader
- Step 4 – configuring e-mail
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records
- DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail)
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- Malicious traffic
- Distributed denial of service
- SQL injection
- Cross-site scripting
- Open ports
- Challenge page
- E-mail address obfuscation
- Server side exclude
- Browser integrity check
- Hotlink protection
- Threat control
- SSL configuration
- Why SSL is important
- CloudFlare Flexible SSL
- Configuring CloudFlare SSL
- Monitoring with CloudFlare
- Types of traffic
- Search engines
- Optional modules to enable and configure
- A Better Browser
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Monitus and Pingdom
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
- About Packt Publishing
- Writing for Packt
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to serve static assets through the speedy CloudFlare CDN
- Protect your site from notorious DDOS attacks
- Monitor and analyze the traffic coming to your website
- Lock down your site through HTTPS
- Minify your assets on the fly and preload common assets
- Test the effectiveness of CloudFlare to ensure that you're getting results
Ensuring your website is up, fast, and secure is a difficult yet crucial task. Learning how to protect and safeguard your web presence from malicious attackers whilst also making sure that it is optimized is important for any website administrator. CloudFlare helps you augment your website with additional security, as well as provide the extra bit of speed that will set you apart from the competition.
"Instant CloudFlare Starter" will show you how to leverage the power of the cloud to ensure that your website is running at its very best. It will also tell you exactly what CloudFlare is doing when you enable various features, and guide you through the entire setup and configuration process.
After learning about what CloudFlare actually is, you'll be shown how to fully optimize and secure your own website - using the latest that CloudFlare has to offer.
As well as ensuring that your own site is protected with CloudFlare, you'll learn exactly how it actually secures your website from malicious attackers. This is in addition to making sure that you can send and receive emails effectively from your own domain, as well as learning how CloudFlare can enable your site’s static assets to load quickly, with little effort on your part.
You'll be guided through the whole optimization process - with additional tips and guidance that help you avoid common mistakes and pitfalls, alongside coverage of optional modules that can additionally improve the speed of your website, add analytics, or even entirely new functionality.
With detailed explanations of things to look out for and how CloudFlare can solve your problems on your website, "CloudFlare Starter" will ultimately show you how to optimize and secure your website effectively with minimum hassle.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Written as a practical guide, CloudFlare Starter will show you all you need to know in order to effectively improve your online presence in a multitude of different ways.
Who this book is for
"Instant CloudFlare Starter" is a practical yet accessible guide for website owners looking to optimize their site for optimum security and maximum performance.