Instant Citrix Security How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Simple and detailed security implementations for your existing or brand new Citrix deployments
- Solutions to your network environment problems
- Using case studies you will be guided through solutions to real life problems.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 74 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1849686726
ISBN 13 : 9781849686723
Author(s) : Carmel Jacob
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Virtualization and Cloud, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Citrix Security How-to
- Instant Citrix Security How-to
- Day one – deployment in a DMZ network (Must know)
- Triple A (Must know)
- Controlling surge/burst (Must know)
- Content switching (Must know)
- Zombie cleanup (Must know)
- Disaster recovery (Should know)
- DOS and attack preventions (Should know)
- Learning Application Firewall (Must know)
- The Access Gateway integration for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (Become an expert)
- Network management (Must know)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Netscaler in DMZ Zone with features such as slow start and external authentication
- Learn about authentication, authorisation, and auditing features
- Learn how to redirect traffic based on the content of traffic hitting the Netscaler as well as advanced features such as modifying the HTTP headers to suit the client needs
- Reduce the number of idle connections to reduce memory and CPU usage
- Prevent DOS attacks, at any level, even at TCP/IP
- Learn about the Application Firewall module.
- Control surge and ebb traffic
With the rise of cloud computing and virtualization comes a whole new threat to business security. When dealing with highly confidential information you need your security to be bulletproof. This book will help you do that.
"Instant Citrix Security How-to" will allow you to achieve simplicity in security when dealing with real life examples. This guide will give your systems that extra layer of protection when they need it most. This book could be the difference between secure data and stolen data.
Starting with how to deploy a Citrix Netscaler on DMZ this book presents you with options, their uses, and features that can be enabled. In order to ensure each recipe gives you the most benefit, case studies are included to show you real life implications of your decisions.
This book will guide you through the world of load balancing using both content switching and redirection. We will also discuss load balancing based on geographical location and disaster recovery methods.
The number of features within each module to reduce server load and CPU is astounding and will make your life, the end user, a walk in the park.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This easy-to-follow, hands-on guide shows you how to bolster your security with real life cases and step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is for
This guide gets new users up and running with Citrix Netscaler in simple practical steps and also acts as a refresher to those with some experience of the product and its features.