Circos Data Visualization How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Transform simple tables into engaging diagrams
- Learn to install Circos on Windows, Linux, and MacOS
- Create Circos diagrams using ribbons, heatmaps, and other data tracks
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 72 pages
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 1849694400
ISBN 13 : 9781849694407
Author(s) : Tom Schenk Jr.
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Data
Table of ContentsPreface
Circos Data Visualization How-to
- Circos Data Visualization How-to
- Installing Circos on Windows 7 (Must know)
- Installing Circos on Linux or Mac OS (Must know)
- Creating the first Circos diagram (Must know)
- Customizing Circos layout (Should know)
- Formatting links with rules (Become an expert)
- Reducing links with bundlelinks tool (Become an expert)
- Adding data tracks – heatmap (Become an expert)
- Adding data tracks – histogram (Become an expert)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- This book is targeted to data visualization enthusiasts from all backgrounds
- Installing Circos on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Organizing data to use with Circos
- Creating links and ribbons to visualize data in Circos
- Customize the format of Circos diagrams
- How to use Circos data tracks
- Apply Circos diagrams for use in the social sciences
- Format Circos diagrams with automatic rules
Companies, non-profit organizations, and governments are collecting a large amount of data. Analysts and graphic designers are faced with a challenge of conveying data to a wide audience. This book introduces Circos, a creative program to display tables in an engaging visualization.
Readers will learn how to install, create, and customize Circos diagrams using real-life examples from the social sciences.
"Circos Data Visualization How-to" is a friendly, hands-on guide to creating diagrams with step-by-step instructions. Although Circos was originally created for genetic research, this book emphasizes using Circos in the social sciences. We will walk through the process to install, create, and customize diagrams.
The book provides step-by-step instructions to installing Circos on your computer, transforming data sets to use in Circos, and creating diagrams in the social sciences.
You will learn how to transform ordinary tables into engaging diagrams. We will walk through the installation process on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. We will also learn how to transform raw data into a Circos-friendly format. The book is written as a friendly, hands-on guide so new users can walk through the installation and diagram-creation process.
Readers will understand how to create Circos diagrams, from organizing data through to creating diagrams.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Recipes that follow a problem-solution approach. It's a friendly, hands-on guide to creating visualizations with step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is for
This book is targeted at statisticians, analysts, and graphic designers with an interest in data visualization. The author does not presume any experience with Circos and steps through the installation and diagram creation process.