Cassandra Design Patterns
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to identify real world use cases that Cassandra solves easily, in order to use it effectively
- Identify and apply usage and design patterns to solve specific business and technical problems including technologies that work in tandem with Cassandra
- A hands-on guide that will show you the strengths of the technology and help you apply Cassandra design patterns to data models
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 88 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1783288809
ISBN 13 : 9781783288809
Author(s) : Sanjay Sharma
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An Overview of Architecture and Data Modeling in Cassandra
Chapter 2: An Overview of Case and Design Patterns
Chapter 3: 3V Patterns
Chapter 4: Core Cassandra Patterns
Chapter 5: Search and Analytics Applied Use Case Patterns
Chapter 6: Patterns and Anti-patterns
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the key capabilities of Cassandra
- Identify various business and technical use cases
- Gain a deeper understanding of Cassandra’s strengths and weaknesses
- Design complex big data applications using Cassandra
- Use Cassandra along with other leading solutions to design complex software to solve real world business problems
- Start using Cassandra to solve problems that are difficult or impossible to solve in the traditional RDBMS world
Cassandra is a powerful data store solution in the open source NoSQL world. The ability to use its vast capabilities correctly is the need of the hour as more developers start using this powerful tool. Hence, it becomes important to be able to understand how and where to apply Cassandra correctly.
This practical guide will help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of Cassandra and teach you to how to identify business and technical use cases that Cassandra solves.You will also learn how to solve real world business problems and enable you to use Cassandra in the best possible way.
Starting with the origins of Cassandra, this book will delve into how Cassandra solves the traditional big data’s volume, variety and velocity problems. You will then discover use cases and design patterns that every architect and developer faces when designing new solutions, and understand how to use Cassandra to solve these challenges,as well as how to avoid common mistakes and using Cassandra incorrectly.
The book uses design strategies and code samples in order to help you understand the nuances of the use case and design patterns. Finally, after learning about the design patterns to be used in Cassandra, you will develop an understanding of how Cassandra can be used in conjunction with other leading solutions to solve complex real world problems.
This is a step-by-step guide to understanding and using Cassandra in the real world. The book starts with the origins and capabilities of Cassandra and then allows the reader to journey through various real world use cases where Cassandra can be used successfully. The book also deep dives into how to use Cassandra for these use cases and applying the right design patterns.
Who this book is for
If you are an architect or developer wanting to design real world applications using Cassandra, this book is ideal for you. It would be helpful to have a background in Cassandra or programming concepts, but the book is readable for general users who have experience in any programming language or are aware of RDBMS solutions.