Instant Burp Suite Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Intercept HTTP/S requests with Burp Proxy
- Tamper and analyze responses
- Perform enumeration using the Burp Suite Map and Spider
- Launch an automatic scan with Burp Scanner
- Automate attacks using Burp Intruder
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849695180
ISBN 13 : 9781849695183
Author(s) : Luca Carettoni
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Networking and Servers, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Burp Suite Starter
- Instant Burp Suite Starter
- So, what is Burp Suite?
- Step 1 – What do I need?
- Step 2 – Downloading Burp Suite
- Step 3 – Launching Burp Suite
- Linux and Mac OS X
- Step 4 – Verify Burp Proxy configuration
- Step 5 – Configuring the browser
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- And that's it!!
- One more thing...
- Quick start – Using Burp Proxy
- Step 1 – Intercepting web requests
- Step 2 – Inspecting web requests
- Step 3 – Tampering web requests
- Advanced features
- Match and replace
- HTML modification
- Top 8 features you need to know about
- 1 – Using the target site map functionality
- 2 – Crawling a web application with Burp Spider
- 3 – Launching an automatic scan with Burp Scanner
- 4 – Automating customized attacks with Burp Intruder
- Configuring the target
- Configuring the attack type and positions
- Configuring payloads
- Additional Burp Intruder options
- Launching an attack
- 5 – Manipulating and iterating web requests with Burp Repeater
- 6 – Analysing application data randomness with Burp Sequencer
- 7 – Decoding and encoding data with Burp Decoder
- 8 – Comparing site maps
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up your browser and Burp Suite
- Intercepting, inspecting, and modifying web traffic between your client and the server
- Using the Burp Target site map functionality
- Crawling a web application and discovering resources with Burp Spider
- Launching a scan with Burp Scanner to automatically detect security vulnerabilities
- Automating customized attacks with Burp Intruder
- Manipulating and iterating web requests with Burp Repeater
- Analyzing the randomness of application data with Burp Sequencer
- Decoding and encoding data in multiple formats with Burp Decoder
- Comparing site maps in order to detect authorization bugs
"Instant Burp Suite Starter" is a practical, hands-on guide that can help you take advantage of the Burp Suite, a powerful web security tool. Thanks to its step-by-step examples, you will quickly learn how to efficiently discover web application vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and Cross-site scripting.
From intercepting your first web request, you will soon be able to inspect parameters, perform tampering, and eventually discover security flaws.
You will also learn how to use the numerous tools available in Burp Suite in order to enumerate all web application entry points, perform scans, and automatically detect security flaws. Then test your sites with automated customized attacks, analyze the randomness of application data, decode data in multiple formats, and much more.
"Instant Burp Suite Starter" will teach you everything you need to know to get started with testing your first application using Burp Suite. You will learn helpful tips and tricks on how to discover potentially destructive security flaws in your application.
Who this book is for
If you are an application developer with a focus on security then this practical guide is for you. Even with basic knowledge of security you will be able to develop your expertise and make your applications bulletproof.