Building Web Applications with Clojure [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results
- Work with popular Clojure libraries and frameworks such as Ring and Clojurescript
- Play with the most popular design patterns to build highly concurrent web applications
- Enhance your general Clojure knowledge through easy-to-grasp examples
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, April 25, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour 43 minutes
ISBN : 1783286156
ISBN 13 : 9781783286157
Author(s) : Tomek Lipski
Topics and Technologies : Application Development, Video, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Getting Started [14:49 minutes]
- Project Setup
- Lein-Ring Plugin
- Simple Ring Handler
- Running the Ring Server
- Building Web Application Packages
- Ring Handlers [15:14 minutes]
- Ring Handler Anatomy
- Request Map
- Response Map
- The Not Found Error and Error Handling
- Middleware [14:28 minutes]
- Middleware Example
- Altering Requests and Responses
- Using Existing Middleware
- Forms and Session Handling [17:03 minutes]
- Form Handling
- Generating HTML Content
- Manipulating Cookies
- Ring Sessions
- Building RESTful APIs [15:56 minutes]
- APIs – Introduction and Routing
- An Example RESTful API
- Handling Errors in REST APIs
- Database Connectivity [12:13 minutes]
- Connecting to PostgreSQL
- Using Korma
- Connecting to MongoDB
- ClojureScript [13:14 minutes]
- Introduction to ClojureScript
- Manipulating the DOM Tree with ClojureScript
- Accessing REST APIs from ClojureScript
- Useful Web Libraries in Clojure [16:04 minutes]
- Routing with Compojure
- HTML Generation with Hiccup
- HTML Templating with Enlive
- REST APIs with Liberator
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Configure a project and see how to start the web development server
- Understand how Ring handlers work and implement simple routing mechanisms
- Grasp the intricacies of the middleware to implement it in your own way
- Discover how to handle forms, cookies, and sessions in one go
- Get acquainted with the REST API architecture in Clojure and build a sample application
- Manipulate queries easily with SQL Korma
- Set up routing with Compojure and HTML generation with Hiccup
- Find out how to build REST APIs with Liberator and learn templating with Enlive
Who this video course is for
If you are a Java programmer and you want to gain expertise in web application development and would like to begin the journey with Clojure, then this course is perfect for you. For all those of you who already know Clojure, this video will help you sharpen your skills.
This video course starts with a simple project setup and moves on to the various means to use frameworks or libraries, such as Ring and ClojureScript, leading the way to complex web solutions in Clojure. You will be presented with ways to connect to popular databases, such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB, and learn how some existing libraries work and how to use them properly. Thereon you will move to writing single-page applications with ClojureScript and REST API.
When you're finished with Building Web applications with Clojure, you'll be able to build and diagnose complex web systems in Clojure—regardless of the particular technologies applied.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A concise video tutorial that guides viewers through live web application development, brushing up on the theoretical concepts along the way, giving the viewers just enough time to take it all in.
Check out the Author's Github Page here to get more insight into the course.