|Also available on:|
- Acquire in-demand GIS skills sought by many employers
- Step-by-step instructions, examples, and hands-on practice designed to help you learn the key features and design considerations for building custom ArcGIS Server applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 274 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2014
ISBN : 1849697965
ISBN 13 : 9781849697965
Author(s) : Eric Pimpler
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Creating Maps and Adding Layers
Chapter 3: Adding Graphics to the Map
Chapter 4: The Feature Layer
Chapter 5: Using Widgets and Toolbars
Chapter 6: Performing Spatial and Attribute Queries
Chapter 7: Identifying and Finding Features
Chapter 8: Turning Addresses into Points and Points into Addresses
Chapter 9: Network Analyst Tasks
Chapter 10: Geoprocessing Tasks
Chapter 11: Integration with ArcGIS Online
Chapter 12: Creating Mobile Applications
Appendix: Application Design with ArcGIS Templates and Dojo
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create maps on a web page and add dynamic and tiled layers
- Add graphics to maps
- Use feature layers to render features in the browser
- Incorporate widgets and toolbars that provide specific functionality to your application
- Perform spatial and attribute queries
- Access geoprocessing tasks including models
- Geocode and reverse geocode addresses
- Develop mobile GIS applications
- Conduct network analysis
Most applications include the specific functionalities implemented by ArcGIS Server as tasks. You’ll learn how to use the various tasks provided by ArcGIS Server including spatial and attribute queries, identification of features, finding features by attribute, and more. Geocoding and geoprocessing tasks are covered in-depth to help you accomplish your task in GIS. Finally, you’ll learn just how easy it is to integrate ArcGIS.com content into your custom developed applications.
This comprehensive guide quickly advances through probing programmatic techniques for building web and mobile GIS applications which will make application development a lot easier!
An easy to follow tutorial, this book uses a step-by-step approach with exercises designed to give you hands-on experience with this technology.
Who this book is for
If you are a web or mobile application developer, who wants to create GIS applications in your respective platform, this book is ideal for you. You will need Java Script programming experience to get the most out of this book. Although designed as an introductory to intermediate level book, it will also be useful for more advanced developers who are new to the topic of developing applications with ArcGIS Server.