Building Single-page Web Apps with Meteor
|Also available on:|
- Understand how Web 2.0 is made by powerful browser-based applications
- Step-by-step tutorial that will show you how fast, complex web applications can be built
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 152 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1783988126
ISBN 13 : 9781783988129
Author(s) : Fabian Vogelsteller
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create reactive templates that update themselves when data changes
- Use database queries on the client and the server to retrieve, sort, and manipulate data sets
- Understand data synchronization using a publication/subscription model and make API calls a thing of the past
- Discover how you can secure your data flow on the server side to keep confidential data secret
- Add routing to a single-page application and make it appear like a real website
- Build your own advanced reactive objects and make everything re-run when you want
- Make your own Meteor packages and learn how to make them public
- Unit test your packages and Meteor applications
You will start with the basic concepts and folder structure of a Meteor project, learning how Meteor templates work. You’ll then learn how to retrieve and send data to the server and manipulate the database content. Routing will later make your example app look and behave like a real website, but being faster with the feel of a native application.
Who this book is for