Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js
|Also available on:|
- Design a simple application and turn it into the next Instagram
- Integrate utilities such as Redis, Socket.io, and Backbone to create Node.js web applications
- Learn to develop a complete web application right from the frontend to the backend in a streamlined manner
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 293 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1783984481
ISBN 13 : 9781783984480
Author(s) : Joshua Johanan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Build and implement your custom middleware for Express
- Integrate Socket.io with Express and use the same authentication
- Create a secure local store for passwords
- Use message queues to break down your application into manageable pieces
- Leverage the power of Redis to create a shared state across many different servers
- Implement Backbone, Socket.io, and React together for a fast, dynamic, and real-time front end
- Automate your build process with the use of the Grunt.js task runner
- Build deployment scripts to get servers running your application in the cloud
This book will help you get to grips with Node.js and implement the knowledge to build efficient web applications. You start with developing a backend web application followed by a frontend interface, and later on deploy it to the cloud platform. Starting with Node.js and Express, you build out a scalable web application. You will then add pieces sequentially for real-time communication, authentication, and message-queueing, and also use Redis as the NoSQL database for your application. Later on you will start developing a maintainable frontend interface by integrating frameworks including Backbone, Socket.io, and React. Then you will learn about building scripts and setting up your development environment. Finally, you will learn how to write server-side applications and deploy them to the cloud.
This book takes a holistic approach to get to grips with server-side programming using Node.js in conjunction with different frameworks and tools.
This is a step-by-step guide for building a complete application from scratch without too much information overload. It adheres to a pragmatic approach to learn the different areas of Node.js using ample code examples.
Who this book is for