Instant Building Multi-Page Forms with Yii How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Quick, easy-to-follow recipes with immediate results
- Filled with useful tasks to improve maintainability of web applications
- Customize your complex and lengthy forms to create easy-to-follow and concise multi-purpose forms
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782166424
ISBN 13 : 9781782166429
Author(s) : Uday Sawant
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, PHP, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Building Multi-Page Forms with Yii How-to
- Instant Building Multi-Page Forms with Yii How-to
- Getting started with Yii (Simple)
- Connecting to the database (Simple)
- Using the Gii tool (Simple)
- Creating basic forms (Simple)
- Building multipage forms (Intermediate)
- Validating forms (Intermediate)
- AJAX forms (Advanced)
- Uploading files (Advanced)
- Using multiple models (Intermediate)
- Customizing looks (Advanced)
It starts with the basics needed “setting up the environment”: installing Yii. It covers also the integration of Bootstrap in a Yii project to change the default look and feel. You may learn useful tips like the use of the Query builder or DAO instead of the Active Record generated by Gii by default. Every chapter is in fact a “How-to” and the level needed before finding it relevant is mentioned (simple, intermediate, advanced). - Foli-Awli Mawusee Komla Samuel
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Connect your application to different database servers
- Use Gii tool to automate code generation
- Create simple forms
- Divide lengthy forms into multi-page forms
- Add validations to forms
- Define your own validation rules
- Making your forms AJAX enabled
Yii is a high-performance PHP framework for rapid web application development. It is well-designed, well-supported, easy to learn, and easy to maintain. Forms are the basic method used to collect information on the Internet, and in cases like user registration and payment process, there’s a lot of data to be presented and the lists can get lengthy.
Instant Building Multi-Page Forms with Yii is a simple and descriptive how-to that provides step-by-step recipes to help you in converting your lengthy forms into short, interactive forms. It will guide you through the inbuilt features of Yii framework to help you with this complex job.
The book starts with the basics of Yii and will guide you through creating simple forms before then converting your simple forms into multi-page forms. It will use the capabilities of Yii to ease the tasks required to do this.
Yii eases your work by providing options like database connectivity. We will also take a look at the automated code generation capabilities of Yii in generating forms and necessary CRUD operations, as well as looking at how to divide a single long form into multiple views with same controller/action, and then add form validations and AJAX support to the forms. We will also cover the upload process and how to customise Yii’s looks.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks.A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes on customizing your forms.
Who this book is for
This book is great for developers who have a basic understanding of Yii framework and want to learn some of the advanced, inbuilt features of Yii. It assumes that the reader has a basic knowledge of PHP development, how forms work, and AJAX operations.