Instant PhoneGap [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build your first app using the geolocation API, reading xml file and phonegap
- Full code provided along with illustrations, images, and Cascading style sheets
- Develop an application in PhoneGap and submit it to app stores for different platforms
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 64 pages
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1782168699
ISBN 13 : 9781782168690
Author(s) : Gustavo De La Vega Alvarez
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up your PhoneGap development environment
- Use the geolocation API programming interface
- Read an XML file with your app information
- Build a simple but powerful CSS file
- Develop mobile apps using HTML5, JS, and CSS
- Use the Google Maps Application programming interface
- Create a hybrid app using PhoneGap
PhoneGap is a mobile development framework. Building applications for each device–iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile and more–requires different frameworks and languages. PhoneGap solves this by using standards-based web technologies to bridge web applications and mobile devices. Since PhoneGap apps are standards-compliant, they’re future-proofed to work with browsers as they evolve.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This is a guide that starts with the basics of a PhoneGap mobile application along with top features to enable you to build your own PhoneGap mobile application.
Who this book is for