Building job sites with Joomla!
|Also available on:|
- Build your own monster.com using Joomla!
- Take your job site to the next level using commercial Jobs! Extension
- Administrate and publish your Joomla! job site easily using the Joomla! 1.5 administrator panel and Jobs! Pro control panel interface
- Boost your job site ranking in search engines using Joomla! SEO
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 236 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1849512221
ISBN 13 : 9781849512220
Author(s) : Santonu Kumar Dhar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Content Management (CMS), Joomla!, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Installing and Configuring Joomla! 1.5 and Jobs! Pro 1.3.2
Chapter 2: Control Panel Interface
Chapter 3: Designing a Jobsite Template
Chapter 4: Changing Configuration Settings
Chapter 5: Managing Jobs, Job Types, and Categories
Chapter 6: Managing Countries and Companies
Chapter 7: Managing E-mail, Applications, and Application Status
Chapter 8: User Registration, Credits, Resume Fields, and Education Levels
Chapter 9: Managing Cover Letter, Resume, and Resume Files
Chapter 10: Search Engine Optimization
Appendix A: Online Resource
Appendix B: Search Engine Stop Words
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Joomla! 1.5 and Jobs! Pro along with all of it’s modules
- Create a custom Joomla! 1.5 template to build your job site in just few minutes
- Step by step guidelines for configuring your job site to control Site tab settings, System tab settings and Metadata settings
- Manage jobs, job types, and categories with administrative rights
- Manage cover letters and resume files to make your application stand out in a crowd
- Create email templates to expedite the communication between the employers and applicants
- Instant reference to accomplish complex tasks such as registering an employer or a jobseeker and managing employers' credits, resume field, field category, and education levels.
- Augment your website ranking in search engines using handy SEO strategies such as using effective keyword, making SEF URLs, creating sitemap, submitting website to search engines and so on
Joomla! is a content management system that helps both novice users and expert developers to create powerful websites. Joomla! has extensions for construcing job sites; web sites for handling employment and careers. It can take hours to build even an elementary job site but imagine yourself building a job site such as Monster, CareerBuilder, a niche job listing such as TechCrunch or your own company job site within few minutes and with minimal development efforts.
Building job sites with Joomla! shows you how to create your own job site with Joomla! with the Jobs! Pro extension. From the basic installation and configuration, you will see all the steps required to assemble a working job site in next to no time.
This book is a step-by-step tutorial for creating a job site using Joomla!. First you will set up a server environment to install Joomla! 1.5 and Jobs!. Next you will learn how you can use Jobs! configuration settings to control the components of your job site such as adding companies, adding social bookmarking buttons, enabling the users to post their resume online and so on. You will learn to easily manage your site using the Jobs! control panel. This will be followed by using job site template to quickly create a job site and simultaneously test the site you have created. Next you will learn how to speed up the communication between employers and the jobseekers using e-mail templates.
You can also entirely control user registration system from Jobs! Pro admin panel. You will also learn to add and manage job types, job categories, and applications to keep your database organized and to keep track of the application status. You will also learn to add a jobseeker or an employer and to manage resume fields. Then you will configure credit systems to charge an amount of money to users according to the specific service provided. By the end of this book you will learn to professionally optimize your Joomla! Job site for search engines and look at list of words that need to be avoided in the URLs.
A practical stepwise tutorial to build your professional website using Joomla!
This will be a step-by-step tutorial - a workbook with practical approach. The book starts by looking at the important features that make a professional job site: adding and managing jobs, jobseekers and employers, providing online recruitment services, selling credits and managing credit system, SEO to drive huge traffic to your job site, and so on. This book includes a lot of screenshots which not only illustrate tasks but also create a visual impact. This book contains overall necessary information that is important for the understanding of job site development.
Who this book is for
If you are looking for building and managing a job site using Joomla! extensions then this book is for you.
Prior knowledge of using extensions is not expected but Joomla! basics will be required.