Building an E-learning Course with Camtasia Studio 8 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Design and develop effective e-learning courses that will keep your students engaged
- Provide resources for your students that will take learning beyond the walls of the traditional classroom
- Make your Camtasia e-learning projects available online and track the results using Camtasia’s built-in features and SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, January 30, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour 46 mins
ISBN : 1783559462
ISBN 13 : 9781783559466
Author(s) : Joe Deegan
Topics and Technologies : Video
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Camtasia [11:01 minutes]
- The Course Overview
- A Tour of Camtasia Studio 8
- Planning Your E-Learning Project [14:05 minutes]
- Creating a Storyboard
- The Project Workflow
- Configuring Project Settings
- Camtasia Fundamentals [15:58 minutes]
- Importing Media
- Creating the Title Clips
- Using Transitions
- Recording Narration
- Creating Screencasts [15:33 minutes]
- Preparing to Record
- Recording Your Screen
- Trimming and Cutting
- Using Callouts
- Capturing Lectures [13:15 minutes]
- Recording Yourself
- Recording PowerPoint Presentations
- Applying the Green Screen Effect
- Adding Interactivity [12:57 minutes]
- Creating Quizzes
- Creating Scenario-based Assessments Using Hotspots
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Publishing Your Project [16:20 minutes]
- Publishing Your Project
- Customizing the Player
- Publishing to YouTube
- Publishing a SCORM Package
- Putting Camtasia to Extra Use [07:48 minutes]
- Using Camtasia with Other E-Learning Authoring Tools
- Embedding Camtasia Videos in a Web Page
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Get familiar with Camtasia’s layout and workflow to start developing an e-learning course
- Plan your project by creating a storyboard and configuring Camtasia’s default project settings
- Use fundamental features such as title clips, transitions, importing media clips, and recording audio in every Camtasia project
- Record and edit screencasts to add a professional look and feel
- Capture lectures and record live presentations so that they can be viewed online or within e-learning courses
- Add interactivity with quizzes and hotspots
- Publish your project through a learning management system such as Moodle or Blackboard
- Share your e-learning project with the world by reviewing Camtasia’s publishing options
Who this video course is for
This is the course for you if you are an instructional designer, teacher, corporate trainer, or anybody who wants to take learning beyond the walls of the classroom by creating e-learning courses using Camtasia. Whether you are a beginner or have experience developing e-learning courses, you will take away valuable lessons that will help you get the best out of Camtasia Studio 8.
Camtasia Studio 8 is the industry leading tool in the e-learning industry, and is the most powerful due to its cutting edge features, making it easy for even first-time users to create an effective e-learning course quickly.
This tutorial shows you how to create interactive e-learning courses by making the most out of Camtasia. Follow along with detailed video demonstrations covering everything you need to know to use Camtasia to create screencasts, record presentations, and develop interactive e-learning courses.
This course goes beyond the basics to teach you how to overcome challenges specific to e-learning. It starts off by introducing you to Camtasia and then digs deeper into its potential by showing you how to use its features to create compelling content for your courses. The tutorial guides you on how to plan an e-learning project with the help of storyboards, and configure default project settings. You’ll also learn how to add interactivity to your course by including quizzes, hotspots, and using SCORM to track results. Finally, you’ll learn how to “flip the classroom” to record presentations and make them available online.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This course is packed with step-by-step tasks and practice activities that can be completed in order. If you are looking for specific information, you can go ahead and jump straight into the video that meets your needs.