Building an App UI with PrimeFaces [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Develop an attractive and functional UI for your application with PrimeFaces and other technologies
- Secure your implementations with Tomcat and web.xml
- Use JSF template and CSS to make your UI look the way you want it to
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour 25 minutes
ISBN : 1783284293
ISBN 13 : 9781783284290
Author(s) : Kobus du Toit
Topics and Technologies : Video
Table of Contents
- Setup [10:21 minutes]
- Installing NetBeans
- Installing MongoDB
- Installing MongoVUE
- Create an Online MongoDB Account
- Connecting to a Remote MongoDB
- Creating a Basic Web Application [14:19 minutes]
- Creating a Web Application Using NetBeans
- Configuring JSF
- Configuring PrimeFaces
- Configuring Spring
- Configuring MongoDB
- Upgrading the Web Application to Use Spring and PrimeFaces [10:40 minutes]
- Creating a PrimeFaces Web Page
- Creating a Spring Managed Bean (PrimeFaces)
- Linking the Web Page with the Spring Managed Bean
- Creating the Spring and Mongo Classes for the Screens [16:36 minutes]
- Creating the Spring Classes
- Creating Mongo DAO
- Linking It All Together
- Building the Admin Screen Selection [16:55 minutes]
- Creating the List Page
- Creating the Person Data Component
- Updating the Admin Managed Bean and Service
- Linking It All Together (MongoDB, PrimeFaces, and Spring)
- Tomcat Security [06:35 minutes]
- Upgrading web.xml to Allow Multiple Roles
- Upgrading the Tomcat Settings
- Upgrading Pages to Use CSS [09:33 minutes]
- Creating a JSF Template
- Using CSS to Make the Template Look Better
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Configure PrimeFaces and Spring and then create a JSF web application in NetBeans
- Transfer data from a local to a remote Mongo database using MongoVue
- Develop your webpage using PrimeFaces, create a Spring managed bean, and link both together
- Create a Spring service as well as a MongoDB data access object and connect them to your frontend
- Build a Data List page and develop CRUD data display web pages using a reusable JSF component
- Enhance the security of your UI by configuring the Tomcat settings and the web.xml
- Set up a JSF template and extend it with the help of CSS
Who this video course is for
If you know Java and want to develop great looking UIs for your web applications using PrimeFaces, then this tutorial is just for you. You do not need any previous web or database experience.
PrimeFaces is a leading frontend framework that helps you build a user interface which is flexible without a fuss. It's one of the fastest ways to create great looking and fully functional websites. When coupled with JavaServer Faces (JSF) you will be able to not only create websites very quickly, but also ones that are extensible and maintainable.
The tutorial starts off with configuring the required components: PrimeFaces, NetBeans, MongoDB, MongoVUE, JSF, and Spring. You then go on to develop a very basic JSF and PrimeFaces UI for your website using Spring and Mongo running on a Tomcat server. Next you will upgrade the website using more features like the creation of the data administration pages and securing the administration pages. Finally you will use CSS and JSF templates to finish off a functional database-driven website with a beautiful and neat interface.
This set of videos will show you how to take full advantage of PrimeFaces by coupling it with JSF, Spring, and MongoDB to create a user interface that meets your demands of flexibility and extensibility.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This is a comfortably-paced video tutorial that starts off with the basic concepts and gradually picks up speed by integrating PrimeFaces with a range of other software to develop a website with an attractive interface and advanced features.