Building a Responsive Website with Bootstrap [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Implement incredible Bootstrap-only features such as the grid, image carousel, and more
- Use Retina-ready icon fonts to make your site look awesome
- Learn time-saving tips and tricks to optimize your site's performance
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Monday, February 24, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour 56 minutes
ISBN : 1782164987
ISBN 13 : 9781782164982
Author(s) : Brock Nunn
Topics and Technologies : Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Introducing Bootstrap [04:50 minutes]
- Setting Things Up [16:23 minutes]
- Downloading and Setting Up Files
- Integrating Twitter Bootstrap
- Getting Started with LESS
- Building Our Site – Part 1 [21:53 minutes]
- The Home Page Part 1 – Building the Home Page
- The Home Page Part 2 – The Slider
- The Home Page Part 3 – The Grid
- The Home Page Part 4 – Call to Action and Features
- Building Our Site – Part 2 [51:58 minutes]
- Completing the Home Page
- Adding Styles – Part 1
- Adding Styles – Part 2
- Additional Page Types and Styles
- Universal Files [10:41 minutes]
- Setting Up PHP Includes – Part 1
- Setting Up PHP Includes – Part 2
- Deploying Our Site [10:15 minutes]
- Review Our Website
- Deploy Our Project
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Master web layouts using a modern and popular front-end framework
- Implement custom layout elements such as page layouts, image carousels, and list styles
- Easily manipulate a grid-based layout system with the Twitter Bootstrap grid
- Extend Bootstrap using custom icon fonts to produce retina-ready graphics for any device
- Build a unique homepage while learning about the visual hierarchy to lead the eyes of your users to what they need to see
- Integrate the LESS preprocessing language to take full control of Twitter Bootstrap
- Use deployment techniques that will make your site simpler and easy to manage
- Optimize and deploy your website using modern techniques and a few easy tricks
Who this video course is for
Twitter Bootstrap is one of the easiest CSS frameworks to use, and helps you design and build web applications. Bootstrap allows users to quickly get started with developing professional looking web applications. Bootstrap takes a great deal of the guess work out when it comes to difficult layout styles.
This tutorial will show you how to harness the power of the Twitter Bootstrap framework to create a custom responsive website for a fictional client. You will learn how to manage every aspect of building a responsive website from the initial download all the way through the process until you have a finished functioning website. This tutorial will also show you how to tame the Twitter Bootstrap framework! We will start from the first download and progress until we have a website ready to be published!
Learning to layout a unique website that will appeal to visitors can be a daunting task. In this course, we will use the Twitter Bootstrap framework to easily create a custom layout that looks great on any device. Using Bootstrap's unique features, you will learn just how easy it is to create your own site!
Through Building a Responsive Website with Bootstrap, you will gain the knowledge and experience to create your website.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
An in-depth look at the Twitter Bootstrap framework from the angle of a web designer working on a new client site. The videos offer a relaxed and approachable look into the workflow of a frontend developer.