Instant Sencha Touch [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build cross platform HMTL 5 mobile web applications with Sencha Touch
- Explains Sencha Touch top features, coding standards, and best practices
- Packed with real world examples , sample applications, and references to know more about Sencha Touch
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 72 pages
Release Date : October 2013
ISBN : 1782165983
ISBN 13 : 9781782165989
Author(s) : Hiren J. Dave
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Mobile Application Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Sencha Touch
- Instant Sencha Touch
- So, what is Sencha Touch?
- A Sencha Touch application as a web application
- A Sencha Touch application as a native application
- Downloading Sencha Touch
- Setting up the web server on Mac
- Setting up the web server on Windows
- Introduction to Sencha Touch SDK
- Introduction to the Sencha Touch class system
- Defining a class
- Defining the configuration of a class
- Creating an instance of a class
- Installing Xcode
- Installing Android SDK
- Quick start – building a Hello World application
- The Hello World application
- Introduction to layouts
- Panel – a basic container
- The form panel – building rich input forms
- Form fields – nifty input fields
- The tab panel – a tabbed set of views
- The navigation view – a smart way of navigation
- Carousels – swipe between views
- Introduction to data storage
- List – showing a list of data with custom styles
- XTemplate – an advanced template class
- Top 12 features you need to know about
- Adaptive layouts
- Sencha Touch component queries
- Event handling
- Sencha Touch charts
- Offline support
- Fetching remote data with Ajax
- The MVC structure
- A sample application
- Theming in Sencha Touch
- What is SASS?
- Native packaging of Sencha Touch applications
- Using PhoneGap Build
- Using SDK
- Accessing hardware and native APIs
- People and places you should get to know
- Sencha Touch forum
- Sencha Touch App Gallery
- Sencha Touch in social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Quora
- LinkedIn groups
- Facebook pages
- Google+ page
- Twitter pages
- Quora page
- Sencha Touch blogs
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Get acquainted with Sencha Touch SDK and class system
- Setup development environment
- Learn Sencha Touch core components
- Build mobile web application with Sencha Touch
- Use Sencha Touch data packages
- Add offline capability with Sencha Touch
- Create custom theme for Sencha Touch
- Deploy native applications with Sencha Touch
Sencha Touch, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform. Built for enabling world-class user experiences, Sencha Touch is the only framework that enables developers to build fast and impressive apps that work on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Kindle Fire, and more.
Instant Sencha Touch is a practical hands on guide that provides you with all you need to explore the Sencha Touch framework and start building high performance, cross platform mobile applications with rich user interfaces. It also covers native deployment of Sencha Touch applications on various platforms.
Instant Sencha Touch is a step-by-step guide that will explain you everything from downloading Sencha Touch SDK to setting up the development environment, and building applications. You will start with a quick overview of the Sencha Touch and work your way through understanding the class structure, and basic components and layouts of the Sencha Touch. You will also cover interesting features like animations, adaptive layout, data packages, local storage support, and so on. You will also see how to build your own theme and styles and deploy Sencha Touch app as native apps.
You will also learn about MVC architecture for building Sencha Touch applications. Finally you will take a look at the Phonegap (Cordova) build and Cordova SDK to deploy Sencha Touch application as native application.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a practical, step by step tutorial that will get you to use Sencha Touch core components quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is for
Instant Sencha Touch is for hobbyists who want to explore the capabilities of Sencha Touch. No prior knowledge of Sencha Touch is assumed. This book is simultaneously helpful for developers as well who want to quickly learn about Sencha Touch Framework. The book is structured in such a way that amateurs as well as experts will be able to use it as a reference.