|Also available on:|
- Create custom charts as reusable components to be integrated with existing projects
- Design data-driven applications with several charts interacting between them
- Create an analytics dashboard to display real-time data using Node and D3 with real world examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 348 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 178328627X
ISBN 13 : 9781783286270
Author(s) : Pablo Navarro
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create reusable chart components to be used in other projects
- Build charts for browsers without SVG support by using polyfills
- Integrate D3 and Backbone to create interactive single page applications
- Write, test, and distribute a D3-based charting package
- Create custom maps and integrate D3 with third-party mapping libraries
- Make a real-time application with Node and D3
This is a practical guide with real world examples that will help you to create custom charts, and integrate them with third-party libraries to create rich, engaging data-driven applications. Starting with the reusable chart pattern, we will take you through designing and creating complex, real-time data visualizations.
You will learn how to create reusable D3-based charts and integrate them in data visualization projects. You will then move on to advanced topics like integrating D3 and Backbone to create single page applications with components interacting between them. You will get to know how to create and distribute a custom charting package. You will get acquainted with how to integrate D3 with mapping libraries to provide reverse geocoding and interactive maps.
This book culminates by showing you how to create enterprise level dashboards to display real-time data. It is an all-encompassing book that leaves nothing out.
This book is a comprehensive and detailed step-by-step guide with real-world applications, illustrating each topic in depth with detailed examples.
Who this book is for
If you are a software developer working with data visualizations and want to build complex data visualizations, this book is for you. It is assumed that you have basic knowledge of D3 framework. With real-world examples, you will learn how to structure your applications to create enterprise level charts and interactive dashboards.