Blender 3D Basics: Second Edition
|Also available on:|
- Explore Blender's unique user interface and unlock Blender's powerful suite of modeling and animation tools
- Learn how to use Blender, and also the principles that make animation, lighting, and camera work come alive
- Start with the basics and build your skills through a coordinated series of projects to create a complex world
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 546 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1783984902
ISBN 13 : 9781783984909
Author(s) : Gordon Fisher
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Beginner's Guides, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use the Blender user interface for building and animation projects
- Build objects using Box Modeling, Subdivision Surfaces, and NURBS Curves
- Create landscapes and trees with Blender's powerful procedural modeling plugins
- Use movie lighting theory to make your images pop
- Manipulate cameras for dramatic effect
- Make entertaining animations with keyframes and motion curves
- Connect graphics nodes to create stereo 3D animation from two separate image streams
Blender is a powerful tool for creating advanced graphics including images, animation, and editing, models for 3D printing, and games. It provides a broad spectrum of functionalities in one single application like Lightning, Animation, Texturing, and Modeling. It competes with suites of software costing many thousands of dollars. Blender lets you do all of this within a single open source software package, and connects you to an active, worldwide community of users.
This book teaches you to model a maritime scene complete with boats and water, and then add materials, lighting, and animation. It demystifies the Blender interface and explains what each tool does so that you will be left with a thorough understanding of 3D. This book starts with an introduction to Blender and some background on the principles of animation, how they are applied to computer animation, and how these principles make animation better. Furthermore, the book helps you advance through various aspects of animation design through Blender interface like modeling, lighting, camera work, and animation with the help of several simple projects. Each project will help you practice what you have learned and do more advanced work in all areas.
Finally, with creating a video and a stereoscopic 3D animation the book concludes by bringing it all together with an advanced project covering all subject areas of animation.
Written in a step-by-step tutorial style, covering the fundamentals relating to typical 3D modeling, which will help you create the fully animated scene.
Who this book is for
This book is for 3D Artists and Designers who want to learn efficient building of 3D Animations. Knowledge of 3D Modeling is essential but no prior experience with Blender is required.