Blackboard Learn Administration
|Also available on:|
- Learn both the simple and the complex skills to become an expert Blackboard Learn admin
- Optimize the security and performance of Blackboard Learn and create a disaster recovery plan
- Gain insight from an experienced Blackboard administrator using a hands-on approach
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 306 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1849693064
ISBN 13 : 9781849693066
Author(s) : Terry Patterson
Topics and Technologies : All Books, e-Learning
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create, install and update a Blackboard Learn instance
- Create and manage courses with Blackboard Learn
- Create and administer user accounts within Blackboard Learn
- Brand Blackboard Learn with your organization’s other web presences
- Integrate publisher building blocks and information systems within Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Learn is web application software that allows users around the world to participate in training and educational opportunities. This software is utilized in high schools, college campuses, corporations, and government entities.
"Blackboard Learn Administration" navigates both novice and experienced administrators through the simple and complex parts of the E-Learning portal.
Readers go step-by-step with the author from planning and installing a Blackboard Learn instance to supporting and administrating a system with courses and users.
The book starts with how to plan, install, and brand a Blackboard Learn instance. Readers then learn about the creation and management of courses and users. You then learn about the tools and controls that administrator’s possess within Blackboard Learn. Readers also review how to improve security and performance within their system. You then dip into complex topics such as integrating Blackboard Learn with other information systems and publisher websites.
Administrating Blackboard Learn educates the reader on the fundamental tools and tasks for basic administration, while explaining complex options that expert administrators want to tackle.
Hands-on and step-by-step instructions on successfully administrating Blackboard Learn from an admin expert.
Who this book is for
This book is for in-house IT administrators who are responsible for maintaining the school’s IT system and making sure that it is ready for the teachers to use. Readers will need some experience with server management and installation.