BackTrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- An ideal video course that provides the right blend between the theoretical fundamentals and the practical essentials of wireless penetration testing
- Covers the various facets of wireless penetration testing including attacks on the WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS, EAP protocols, DoS attacks, MITM attacks, enterprise wireless attacks, and many more!
- Covers some of the latest developments in wireless security penetration testing like WPS PIN brute forcing, cloud-based MS-CHAP decryption using ChapCrack, and many more
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, May 30, 2013
Course Length : 3 hours
ISBN : 1782161201
ISBN 13 : 9781782161202
Author(s) : Farrukh Haroon Farhat
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Video, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Introduction [2:31 minutes]
- Course Overview
- Getting Started [12:35 minutes]
- Requirements for Setting Up Your Wireless Lab
- Setting Up BackTrack (Download and Installation)
- Setting Up Your Wireless Access Points (APs) and Clients
- Wireless Networks - Rewards and Risks [30:47 mins]
- WLAN Theory Essentials
- An Introduction to Wireless Frames
- An Introduction to aircrack-ng
- Capturing and Deciphering Wireless Frames
- WLAN Authentication - Getting Past Invisible Barriers [24:31 mins]
- An Introduction to Wireless Authentication Protocols
- Revealing Hidden SSIDs
- Getting Past Open Authentication by Defeating MAC Filters
- Bypassing Shared Key Authentication (SKA)
- Sound [25:07 mins]
- Exploiting WLAN Encryption Flaws
- An Introduction to Wireless Encryption Protocols
- Cracking WEP Encryption
- Cracking WPA/WPA2 Pre-shared Keys
- Connecting to Compromised Networks
- WLAN Infrastructure - Threats and Countermeasures [18:18 mins]
- Exploiting Default Credentials
- Denial-of-service (DoS) Attacks
- Attacking WPS
- Evil Twin Attack and Honeypots
- Advanced Client-based WiFi Attacks [19:20 mins]
- An Introduction to Client-based Attacks
- Attacking Clients using Honeypots
- Hands-on Demonstration: Caffé Latte Attack
- Hands-on Demonstration: Hirte Attack
- Cracking WPA Without an AP
- WLAN Security - Taking it One Step Further [20:35 mins]
- An Introduction to Man-in-the-middle (MITM) Attacks
- Essential Steps: Wireless MITM Attacks
- Eavesdropping and Session Hijacking
- Detecting Client Security Settings
- Enterprise Wireless Hacking [17:18 mins]
- Setting up FreeRADIUS-WPE
- Hands-on Demonstration: Cracking PEAP
- Hands-on Demonstration: Cracking EAP-TTLS
- Security Best Practices for Enterprise WLANs
- WLAN Penetration Testing - Doing It Effectively [8:43 mins]
- WLAN Penetration Testing: Doing It Effectively
- Course Conclusion
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Crack WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS, EAP/Radius based wireless networks
- Creating a practice lab for wireless penetrating testing purposes
- Sniff out and analyze wireless packets from the air
- Penetrate wireless networks based on the enterprise versions of WPA and WPA2
- Attack the WLAN infrastructure itself using DoS attacks, Fake APs, and other techniques
Who this video course is for
This course is aimed at security professionals and IT professionals who want to learn about wireless penetration testing using the BackTrack Linux security distribution. The course assumes that you already know the basics of wireless networks and can operate at least one Linux distribution.
Wi-Fi is a popular technology that helps satisfy our need for continuous connectivity with some inherent security risks and vulnerabilities. In a society with an increasing level of discoveable Wi-Fi networks, wireless penetration testing allows you to verify whether your own networks are as secure as you'd like them to be.
Armed with the essentials, you will learn how to conduct a host of cutting edge wireless attacks. You will learn how to execute attacks such as WLAN packet sniffing, revealing hidden SSIDs, open authentication by defeating MAC address filters, bypassing shared authentication, cracking WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption.
In addition to documenting the essentials of wireless penetration testing, we will also discuss setting up rogue APs and wireless evil twins, client-based WEP cracking attacks, wireless infrastructure-based attacks, WPS PIN brute force attacks, denial of service (DoS) attacks, eavesdropping and session hijacking, EAP-based enterprise wireless hacking; and much more. Coverage also includes various countermeasures to protect wireless networks against these types of attacks, in order to help bolster the wireless security of any given network.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Designed as a practical video tutorial with step-by-step instructions to teach you about Wireless Penetration Testing, the course has been designed to ensure that topics are presented in a gradual manner, allowing you to grasp the information that's being presented before moving on to more advanced topics