Backbone.js Patterns and Best Practices
|Also available on:|
- Offers solutions to common Backbone.js related problems that most developers face
- Shows you how to use custom widgets, plugins, and mixins to make your code reusable
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 174 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1783283572
ISBN 13 : 9781783283576
Author(s) : Swarnendu De
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Reducing Boilerplate with Plugin Development
Chapter 2: Working with Views
Chapter 3: Working with Models
Chapter 4: Working with Collections
Chapter 5: Routing Best Practices and Subrouting
Chapter 6: Working with Events, Sync, and Storage
Chapter 7: Organizing Backbone Applications – Structure, Optimize, and Deploy
Chapter 8: Unit Test, Stub, Spy, and Mock Your App
Appendix A: Books, Tutorials, and References
Appendix B: Precompiling Templates on the Server Side
Appendix C: Organizing Templates with AMD and Require.js
If you are interested in developing scalable and modular Backbone.js apps then this is for you. Each chapter contains valuable information about the different aspects of Backbone.js and you will definitely find them useful. It features problems and solutions backed up with clear, concise information and code examples. Highly recommended. - Joe Buckle
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop custom plugins and mixins to reduce boilerplate in your code
- Learn about Backbone view management with nested views, subviews, layout manager, and Marionette views
- Understand template management by storing and pre-compiling templates
- Explore model validation with validation plugins and learn model serialization and relational data management with nested models
- Work with collections to implement multiple sorting and filtering behavior
- Create solid application architecture with AMD and different popular design patterns
Backbone.js Patterns and Best Practices is packed with examples that will help you work with Backbone.js components. It also gives solutions to common problems faced by developers. It gives a complete overview of plugin development, large scale application architecture, and unit testing as well.
You will discover solutions to common problems that developers face through simple examples, and delve into the best open source plugins available to solve these problems when they arise. This book is an excellent collection of design and implementation patterns that will help you structure and develop complex Backbone.js applications easily.
This is a step-by-step guide to design patterns, best practices, and solutions to common problems for Backbone.js-based application development.
Who this book is for